Sauvage Greenpoint pastry winner Brioche Bostock Toast

I got this at the to go window, it also appears on the brunch menu. Baked almond cream in a brioche shell, tart plum slices inside. This is only for those who like their sweets sweet, rich with assertive flavors.
One of the best baked items I have found in the city.

What city?!

greenpoint brooklyn
905 Lorimer St, Brooklyn, NY 11222

I was curious, so looked it up already - Greenpoint is an area, not a restaurant… Duh. Your post showed up on the L.A. board. A lot of transplants here. Maybe you’d find some of our posts on NYC amusing.

We’re just in the process of arranging a house exchange with a couple in Greenpoint. Not pastry people but I’ll start something else later. Not going til November.

Wait! What?!! And you’re going to Coppenhagen? You really do get a lot out of life. I would say you should have a reality show. But it’s probably too good for you.

LOL, Cookie :slight_smile: We’re retired, remember? We took a break from traveling when my old dog got senile and I wouldn’t leave her. From now to the end of the year we’re heading to Seattle (tomorrow), Rio, Reyjavik, Copenhagen and Brooklyn. Then early 2018 to Patagonia and Antarctic!!! I’m a real bargain shopper and it’s also why I can’t/won’t spend huge sums eating out. Different strokes.

Thank everyone for getting this to the correct board

2 Likes

lilia 567 Union Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11222, for Italian
Green point Fish and Lobster 567 Union Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11222 fresh simple fish preparations
YUJI RAMEN 150 Ainslie St Brooklyn,

Ooh, thank you sooo much.

Oh wow. I need to get more disciplined with the spending. Patagonia! That’s a sweet thing you did for your dog.

We used to tell a little old lady who had plenty of money but was still overspending “You can have anything you want but not everything you want.” Gratefully we don’t want expensive homes, cars, clothes, etc. We travel economy and we pick our ‘splurge dinners’ very carefully.

Re the dog, to have some vague connection to food, I cooked for her for over a year. She was worth it. Made me laugh every day for over 16 years. :slight_smile:

1 Like

We’re not luxury item people either. But the eating out is an issue. Plus 2 kids who chose careers that require costly training. Thankfully it’s paying off :relieved:.

[quote=“catholiver, post:12, topic:3995”]
Re the dog, to have some vague connection to food, I cooked for her for over a year. She was worth it. Made me laugh every day for over 16 years. :slight_smile:
[/quote]Love that.

Our (two) daughters haven’t cost us a dime since undergrad school!

Re the dog,--------->

1 Like

[quote=“catholiver, post:14, topic:3995”]
Our (two) daughters haven’t cost us a dime since undergrad school!
[/quote]Sweet!

Thanks for the doggie picture. We’re total animal lovers.

1 Like