Save My Two Cents!

https://www.gofundme.com/savechefalisa

If so inclined!

1 Like

I have flagged this as Iā€™m hoping that things like ā€˜gofundmeā€™ etc arenā€™t allowed on this site. Sorry.

111k to settle an undisclosed legal dispute.

Sounds legit.

Oh, I see the deadline was a week ago.

I guess I should try it before it goes out of business.

Is it really settling for $111,000 on legal dispute or is it in the toilet. That is the question .

Sad to hear. Iā€™ve always enjoyed the restaurant thought both the food and the atmosphere were great.

1 Like

Oh shut up.

This board was created by anyone and everyone.

Iā€™m not sure if I will or will not donate. But I feel for Alisa Reynolds and any small restaurant owner struggling to do what she is doing - make a living providing food from the heart, being conscientious about waste, the planet and the health of her community. She may not be a great business person or promoter but sheā€™s also not an opportunist, jumping on a food trend to make a buck.

So stop worrying your little head about a posted ā€œgofundmeā€ page. Instead, just cook another one of your beloved pork dishes, courtesy of a waterboarded pig whose life was spent in a crate. Then post it and youā€™ll probably feel better.

Happy Eating!

12 Likes

I know and it is a good question.

I think she owes her backers money and canā€™t raise it.

Thanks @Luluthemagnificent. This explains a lot.

Did I miss an explanation?

You clearly know little about ā€˜humanelyā€™ raised livestock.

I thought the board was created by robert. But if itā€™s by everyone and anyone then please donā€™t tell me to shut up. My opinion is as worthy as any other.

My nomination for Dish of the Month! :wink:

12 Likes

okja okja okja

4 Likes

Hi @hungryhungryhippos -

:grin: You didnā€™t miss anything. Itā€™s me. M2C always seems like the little restaurant that could but isnā€™t.

Alisa is talented with a good concept - healthier soul food, local ingredients, compostable packaging, etc. She also has a name for herself catering for African-American celebrities. IMO she fills a much needed gap. All this seems like a recipe for success. But the quirks from a new, small restaurant never got ironed out; the business isnā€™t growing and seems to lack focus. So, to answer your question - her having these issues explains a lot to me.

A good example of a small mom and pop restaurant with focus, vision and a good concept is Woodspoon. I love reading on Instagram what the owner and restaurant are up to.

I really hope Alisa and M2C make it!

5 Likes

Hereā€™s M2C - No booze is a big issue @ M2C.

1 Like

I want to try it this weekend, what do you recommend? I know you have written about it extensively. I am being lazy (also called being at work and shouldnā€™t be on here)

Yep, I agree. Thatā€™s part of the not growing thing.

Shrimp and Cheesy Grits!

3 Likes