Sawtelle-ish Area 4 Lunch

Parking tip:
On Westwood - free validated 1 hour parking at Ross Dress for Less, no purchase necessary (bet Rochester and Wilkins) - Flame, Shaherazad, Saffron Rose Ice Cream and Fundamental LA, etc. within 1-2 blocks.

Weekday Happy Hour -
Fundamental LA has a decent one from 5:30-6:30p.

1 Like

thanx for the parking tip!!! I haven’t been to Shaherazad in years and wouldn’t mind checking it out again. I’ll have to see if I can cut outta the office early one day to catch the happy hour @ Fundamental!

I was going to tell you about that “secret” place too.

1 Like

I had a really solid bacon cheeseburger and fries the last time I went. Reminded me of those honest suburban burger shops that also serve Mexican fare, in a good way.

I would really like to try their breakfast burrito, but I’ve never made it there in the AM.

1 Like

3 months in and we finally see some daylight outside of the office. We hit up Plan Check for our department lunch. Burgers all around—I believe we hit most of them: PC Burger, blue cheese burger and the double patty cali style for me + both fries (sweet potatoes and reg). Everybody was happy, my burger was a bit dry, the sweet potato fries were really good and I’m not that much of a sweet potato fry gal. ok selection of beers on tap. If I lived closer by, (or had a job where I could get out for lunch more often) this would be a good neighborhood spot to pop into on a regular basis. (I realize all of you have already been here since it’s been open forever in LA years, but thought I’d add my 2cents :upside_down_face:)

5 Likes

Looking to set up a lunch around Sawtelle and craving some kind of cold noodle. Not necessarily tsukumen, probably don’t want to do Tsujita. Good qpr appreciated. Any ideas?

2 Likes

Tofuya has naengmyeon

3 Likes

The “iced lime soba” at Kaz (when they have it, it’s a special) is probably the most refreshing cold noodle you’ll ever eat.

4 Likes

My favorite would be Menya Tigre for their Keema Mazemen, THere is MoguMogu which is all mazemen.

I also really like Kaz. I also have a spot spot for the cold Udon at Marugame.

3 Likes

MoguMogu - though it’s not a cold noodle

Kaz Soba is cold or hot, and Marugame has cold options.

My fav cold noodles on Westside is NOT Sawtelle - Cold Hiyashi or Cold Tan Tan Men. Both are GREAT

5 Likes

Do you mean like ice cold (like naengmyeon) or lukewarm (the mazemen)? I love MoguMogu, but my mazemen from there has always been decently warm.

Dong Ting Noodles just opened recently on Sawtelle. Try their cold sesame alkaline noodles.

menu link:
https://pos.chowbus.com/online-ordering/store/13847

2 Likes

It’s July, let’s say legitimately cold.

The pesto cold soba at Kaz is excellent, highly recommend it even if you’re not vegetarian.

Moto Ramen is awesome! Very easy to get to from Sawtelle via the 405. They also offer a variety of Veggie and Vegan options, it makes it a popular place in my office…

2 Likes