September 2016 Weekend Rundown

The fried mushrooms look SO good.

I had no idea until I read the text that you made the breakfast! I thought you had it at a restaurant/cafe! :smiley:

Hi @PorkyBelly,

Nice pics. :slight_smile: So was it all ala carte? Or is it a tasting menu format these days?

1 Like

#Sushi tsujita

kaisendon platinum #unidostres

7 Likes

Where do we post our non-weekend food? I eat out during the week way more than on the weekend.

2 Likes

it’s still a 3-course prix fixe menu for $70 with about a half dozen choices for each course.

@Bookwich,

I think it’s fine to post in here, or if you find a restaurant that already has a thread that’s fine also.

3 Likes

I was skeptical about the panko. If they don’t use the right shrooms the coating slides off. But these were perfect.

Thanks! I had planned on egg sandwiches. But got inspired when I saw the package of organic ground beef and the tortillas.

[quote=“Bookwich, post:166, topic:4162, full:true”]
Where do we post our non-weekend food? I eat out during the week way more than on the weekend.
[/quote] Some posters will start a new thread. But we’re getting bigger and it’s hard to keep up with all the new threads. I first do a search to see if there is already a compatible thread, even a previous DOTM is good.

1 Like

[quote=“Chowseeker1999, post:168, topic:4162”]
I think it’s fine to post in here, or if you find a restaurant that already has a thread that’s fine also.
[/quote]LOL… I just wrote something similar. Like minds.

1 Like

Moby doing Joy Division?! I’m stunned; what a perfect moment of existence.

Beautiful organic hen eggs. Hipster. :wink:

Had another Go Fish Mi this weekend after a Costco trip.
AMAZING!!!
Just such an incredibly delicious and balanced sanwich.
Every bite is a magical interplay of hot vs cool, crunchy vs soft, wet vs dry, spicy vs. mild.
I am sure it is my favorite sandwich in LA now.

4 Likes

[quote=“Bookwich, post:172, topic:4162”]
Moby doing Joy Division?! I’m stunned; what a perfect moment of existence.
[/quote]Yeah… It was really something. I ended up being glad it was him instead of Perry. I didn’t know that much about Moby aside from the dance music (not my thing) and activism and his Kanye feud :rolling_eyes:. I’m a huge fan of Jane’s Addiction and their side projects. So I’ve seen them a lot. I even went to Lollapalooza in New Orleans the year Perry created the festival - great food. I just dated myself… but who cares. It was a fun decade.

[quote=“Bookwich, post:172, topic:4162”]
Beautiful organic hen eggs. Hipster. :wink:
[/quote]That’s funny. I think about how our little group scorns hipsters - myself included. Some call them the h-word. A few call them “hamsters” (funny story). But we all eat at and go to the same places. Maybe because hipsters do hip things? Any beards out there?

I like hipsters.

1 Like

Was it available a month ago??? I was just there last month and totally would’ve loved to do so (esp since I probably wouldn’t have even minded a line!). ARGH!!!

That’s some praise! Feel like I have to try it now… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Me too. They’re hip. But, Rule #1: If you want customers, don’t let a hipster man your phones… They’re too hip.

3 Likes

not only that, it is always ok to have two lunches.

1 Like

Very nice weekend @CiaoBob.

Taco Maria… well, well. It’s like that?

Platinum Chirashi Bowl at Tsujita. The picture are always a thrill… If Disneyland were sushi. I think you’re the first to describe what something actually tastes like (marinated shrimp).

Nice tip about seating at O Mozza. Glad you had a nice dinner. In your face Aesthete :stuck_out_tongue:.

Thanks!

1 Like

Check out the “food free for all” thread aka “the island of misfit toys”. I put something up you peeps might be interested in this weekend.

1 Like

I know I already replied. But it’s a good question and I wanted to expound a bit more :slight_smile:. By posting in an existing thread you also help the community. For example we ate Lalibela Ethiopian food last Friday and at the City of Gold screening Sunday. Instead of doing a report in the Weekend Rundown I was going to post in the Ethiopian thread (I think Chowseeker started). So if someone is searching for Ethiopian they won’t get too many random hits. (I haven’t posted yet because we first want to go and eat more dishes).

Anyway, I thought this could be helpful :blush:. Feel free to ignore me.

1 Like