e Stretto
351 S Broadway
Los Angeles, CA 90013

The Ill Papa

The Roast Beef with Cheese Sauce

9 Likes

El Pastorcito

5 Likes

So it keeps Bar Clacsen’s hours, 5 pm open? I didn’t see different hours or any hours on their website. Too bad, if so, because I would love to try for lunch.

according to Google maps here are their hours:

Mon-Wed 11am-7pm
Thurs-Sat 11am-11pm
Sunday 11am-4pm

I went for lunch on Sunday at around 1 pm

1 Like

Thanks!

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

4 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

4 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will not be automatically deleted in 24 hours even if flagged)

3 Likes

This is dumb. Not deleting.

3 Likes

image https://media2.giphy.com/media/6g8OT38E3WDew/source.gif

[sic]

5 Likes

What happened here?

it was getting a little salty

5 Likes

Bummer on Menya Musashi…Had a similar experience there recently…and my friend got food poisoning just 2 weeks ago there! (most likely from the old charsiu).

Looks like sticking with Tsujita, Iki, and Daikokuya in LA.

lol I see what you did there!

1 Like

verbal a salt?

5 Likes

FIFY

Not quite the same animal, but have you tried Mogumogu?

1 Like

Costa Grande

http://lacostagrande.com/

Located on Sepulveda and Sherman Way. Had a killer breakfast burrito there last year. Was in the area with wifey so we stopped in for a few Taco Tuesday tacos.

Taco Tuesday has all street tacos (meat) $1.99 and fish tacos $2.99.

One fried fish, one grilled fish:

Closeup of the battered fish taco

Salt And Straw
Then I say I need dessert, she says Salt and Straw (Studio City) probably has a light line at 5:30 on a Tuesday. Yep, she was right. No line.

Scoop of “Chocolate Gooey Brownie” on top with a foundation of “Salted, Malted, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough”

Yeah, yeah, I know this is a weekend rundown thread. Tough crap. It felt like a weekend.

9 Likes

@Chowseeker1999 Belated thanks for your report, I’m glad to hear Kae Sung has righted the ship regarding the kimchi brine recipe.

1 Like

Weekday, I know, but as Gr8pimpin said above, it felt like a weekend.

Found Oyster pop-up, featuring (former Red Medicine and Providence) Chef Ari Kolender at Konbi!

One dish only at this pop-up (?!): The Konbi Lobster Roll ($20)… Generous lobster with a spicy kick, nicely toasted, juicy roll, topped with chopped jalapeno and chives. Served with house vinegar & sea salt potato chips - Really outstanding! I practically inhaled this thing.

10 Likes