This is dumb. Not deleting.

3 Likes

image https://media2.giphy.com/media/6g8OT38E3WDew/source.gif

[sic]

5 Likes

What happened here?

it was getting a little salty

5 Likes

Bummer on Menya Musashi…Had a similar experience there recently…and my friend got food poisoning just 2 weeks ago there! (most likely from the old charsiu).

Looks like sticking with Tsujita, Iki, and Daikokuya in LA.

lol I see what you did there!

1 Like

verbal a salt?

5 Likes

FIFY

Not quite the same animal, but have you tried Mogumogu?

1 Like

Costa Grande

http://lacostagrande.com/

Located on Sepulveda and Sherman Way. Had a killer breakfast burrito there last year. Was in the area with wifey so we stopped in for a few Taco Tuesday tacos.

Taco Tuesday has all street tacos (meat) $1.99 and fish tacos $2.99.

One fried fish, one grilled fish:

Closeup of the battered fish taco

Salt And Straw
Then I say I need dessert, she says Salt and Straw (Studio City) probably has a light line at 5:30 on a Tuesday. Yep, she was right. No line.

Scoop of “Chocolate Gooey Brownie” on top with a foundation of “Salted, Malted, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough”

Yeah, yeah, I know this is a weekend rundown thread. Tough crap. It felt like a weekend.

9 Likes

@Chowseeker1999 Belated thanks for your report, I’m glad to hear Kae Sung has righted the ship regarding the kimchi brine recipe.

1 Like

Weekday, I know, but as Gr8pimpin said above, it felt like a weekend.

Found Oyster pop-up, featuring (former Red Medicine and Providence) Chef Ari Kolender at Konbi!

One dish only at this pop-up (?!): The Konbi Lobster Roll ($20)… Generous lobster with a spicy kick, nicely toasted, juicy roll, topped with chopped jalapeno and chives. Served with house vinegar & sea salt potato chips - Really outstanding! I practically inhaled this thing.

10 Likes

No need to be modest, inhaling is SOP at FTC.

2 Likes

Figured I would continue the threadjacking.

Gwen meatball and tuna sandwich in background. They made lunch full service so you don’t order at the counter and you have to tip now even though service wasn’t great.

Tuna was on point but meatball was a tad dry today :frowning: also they give you salad instead of chips now

1 Like

With the lemon for scale it looks like 3 bites, at best.

Reminds me of A̶n̶i̶m̶a̶l̶’̶s̶ SOG’s lobster roll.

1 Like

Have you tried Ricky’s? Just wondering how they compare, since this is closer to me.

I would choose Ricky’s 99 out of 100, the one time would be if I found out Ricky was closed for the day.

These are serviceable. Like 1 million other places in town. They were pretty good. And on Taco Tuesday… yeah.

1 Like

yeah, Ricky’s after a downhill is still better than most in town.

1 Like

Defelice Catering at Monkish today. Very good pie especially considering they are a mobile outfit. They have a legit wood burning oven. The beer is pretty good too :yum:
$13 for a pie.

8 Likes