Sergio’s home: 106 seafood underground

One thing that might be possible is booking a flight where HK is a layover and just getting off the plane there (can’t check bags). Was looking at prices for SE asia and many that have HK as a layover are far cheaper.

1 Like

If you do that, your return flight will get canceled. You can only drop a flight at the very end of your trip.

I could eat that photo. We’re talkin’ Martha Stewart Living.

2 Likes

You can pay a no show fee right?

Sinaloan Shrimp Porridge

Everyone was stuffed so we won the leftover sweepstakes - about a dozen prawns in spicy, garlic, pepper, tequila, lemon sauce and a big, fresh scoop of rice (thanks penuelas’). J_L suggested eggs & rice. So, I decided to practice my porridge and added sushi rice and a lot of water. I’m still in denial about how much water is needed but it turned out pretty good. Slowly folded in whole eggs at the end, then the prawns (heads saved), smoked salt, butter & lemon. Hello.

14 Likes

thought this was from Pooridge and Puffs for a second!

3 Likes

Thanks!

That’s an excellent item to pair sake with! Great job!!! Sergio jook or Serjiook :laughing:

3 Likes

Clever!

Looks great!

1 Like

Thanks very much, @ebethsdad, for sharing the shavel. It was a lovely addition to a soup

You are so welcome!

… and the writeup is posted. Thanks for your patience.

5 Likes

That looks like a fun night! Nice photos.

1 Like

I’m gonna just straight-up be that guy . . .
If I get an invite next time, I will set up the whole crew with cocktails and/or spirits for the meal.
That experience looked like so much fun!

5 Likes

It was an open invitation to begin with :grinning:. But I only left a 12 hour window to get on the train. I’m sure if @beefnoguy puts in a request, we’ll open it up again.

4 Likes

You mean I straight up just missed the invite!
:see_no_evil::hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil:
Damn!

2 Likes

I think I did too or I was on vacation in Hawaii. Either way next time I’m in and will bring some Monkish/Green Cheek to help whet our appetites.

3 Likes

Do you bartend? I used to and still think about cocktails / mess around with creating flavors.

Margarita flights anyone?

Sergios food is perfect for subtle experimentation

Get a Friendsgiving one on the books before it gets cold