Sergio’s home: 106 seafood underground

Really - I thought what he is doing is 100% legit and he would very much welcome the information getting out. No?

3 Likes

Don’t think so. It’s in the grey area which will some time soon be regulated again. The permit fees are already coming. He didn’t even put up the address or number on his IG. But I’m just estimating, maybe I’m wrong?

you’re right. It’s State law AB626 thats been signed into law-- but it requires local county gov to buy in and enforce the law–for now only riverside county has laws to enforce it–don’t think LA county has as far as I know.

Full text of AB626:
https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201720180AB626

https://www.cunyurbanfoodpolicy.org/news/2019/6/20/riverside-county-california-adopts-home-cooking-ordinance

Can someone message me the address please?

Dying to go!

Not sure why this is being kept a secret, he posted the address on ig, @EattheWorldLA posted it here, it’s in the OP here, and @CiaoBob posted here.

4302 West 106th Street, Lennox, CA

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1ZPx4Yp_A8/?hl=en

4 Likes

One degree of Googling easily yielded the address. Found out about the address a month ago.

1 Like

Hah… you’re such a chowhound.

Darn it. I found the address months ago. I could have scooped you & @PorkyBelly for once. But I’m a shameless procrastinator!

Count me in

1 Like

Does anyone know if Sergio has wine glasses?

Just in case he doesn’t we will bring some. My wife, who is coming, hates to drink good wine out of plastic.

2 Likes

We can easily bring up to 8 glasses. Red or white preferred?

1 Like

It’s okay. We decided to go in a different direction. Beer and a little something that’s good in a shot glass but will work in any glass. :wink:

See ya’ soon!

1 Like

Photos of the ftc meetup fest?

1 Like

I believe @JL will be posting soon. Mine will be pathetic compared to his. It was a wonderful time!

1 Like

I’ll try to get them in the system soon!

3 Likes

Fair warning, I’m going to steal all the group’s nice photos because I was too busy chowing down. I have never had a mariscos meal like that ever and can’t imagine the imitators coming close to Chef Sergio’s precision and execution.
There’s a joint by my house called Mariscos el Cangrejo “Nice” with a menu alarmingly similar to 106 Underground, their marlin tacos are nothing like what we ate yesterday.

7 Likes

Sorry to dump and run. At a kid’s play

20 Likes

What a fantastic-looking group!
Sergio’s michelada is the best I’ve ever had…I would drink more micheladas if they were all like his…great balance of savory, spice and beer.
Every dish was simply amazing and our hosts could not have been more gracious. I’m not sure I can even pick a favorite dish. We were all thoroughly stuffed to the gills. Thanks to all who brought such great libations that paired so well with mariscos…and thanks to @TheCookie and A, who properly thanked Chef and his team with tequila and the end of the meal. And @J_L who arranged for FTC Sergio T-shirts as gifts for Chef and his wife, Maria.
@Nemroz suggested a bang-bang at Harriet’s Cheesecake afterwards…the banana pudding cheesecake and strawberry cheesecake were both so very good…as was the pineapple.

13 Likes