Sergio's 106 Seafood Underground

Thanks for sharing @bruins - How was everything? That avocado is not looking so good.

It was all great (see my words above). It’s just the camerawork that is bad.

1 Like

thanks @bruins, that’s what i would expect out of the camarones borrachos–properly inebriated shrimp. unfortunately ours barely had a buzz.

1 Like

agreed. :stuck_out_tongue:

Going there Sunday with some Russian friends. Will report back.
As a Shasta aside here I am (in the middle) on the summit of Shasta in 1979. It was a slog, but the 3000 foot glissade on the way down was the best sledding I have ever done despite the wet rear end at the bottom. Don’t think I would trade views of Shasta for planes coming into LAX even with Sergio cooking next door.

10 Likes

Fabulous photo.

2 Likes

That’s Peter Reinhart to the left. We were both kids back then. Thank you!

1 Like

A cool 14 ,180 feet .

1 Like

You look like Peter Fonda. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

If someone remembers next time they go, can you ask if they allow dogs in the backyard? Haven’t been successful getting through on the phone or Instagram. Thank you!

i saw a dog on a leash when i was there

2 Likes

Its the 70s hair…

2 Likes

The sunglasses too…

R.I.P.

2 Likes

Took my Russian friends there tonight. They absolutely loved it; there is nothing like it in Moscow. I didn’t take pictures as the items were all repeats and @J_L and @attran99 among others have much better photos than I take. We had aquachile, green apple ceviche, marlin tacos, and, of course, snook. The aguachile and the ceviche were a bit too spicy for one of the Russians, but she soldiered on. No line, and dogs are okay. There was a mariachi group, but they weren’t so loud as to make conversation difficult. I love that place!

14 Likes

Thanks for the report @ebethsdad, for reference what time did you arrive? Was there much of a wait for your snook?

1 Like

Reservation was for 5. 30 minute wait for snook which worked out well for us as one of our party was late.

1 Like

Seems like the perfect day for this

https://www.instagram.com/p/CA01lMmpq-M/

5 Likes

Tried calling, goes straight to an answering machine-maybe once capacity is reached, they stop taking calls?

1 Like

They are rather laid back in their approach. I’m not sure, but I think the house phone might be the restaurant phone as well. Perfect set up for socially distant dining though. I would keep trying. Planning on going there this week as well.

2 Likes