SGV Chinese Takeaway

@doughboy thanks for checking on newer location.

@secretasianman he was relatively far away from the pickup window. I am not sure about the York blvd location.

1 Like

Some other openings:
Green Zone in Temple City
Full House Seafood (to-go counter) in Arcadia
Chang’s Garden in Arcadia

Green Zone as well as Lao Xi Er (as @chandavkl mentioned) primarily used sturdy plastic tupperware when packing their items.

Temple City also has a listing of open restaurants: http://www.templecity.us/DocumentCenter/View/14144/CV_Restaurants-social

2 Likes

Very orderly setup. Kitchen/distro were set up inside The York. When I arrived I let them know I was there. They let chef know and then once my food was ready grabbed my bags and was good to go. There were maybe 2 ppl ahead of me and we all just waited outside at a socially appropriate distance from each other. Much better than the Del Taco that I have been hitting up by my house :grimacing:

Thank you for the link to the Temple City document, @eattraveleat!

1 Like

First drive by in almost two weeks, this time Monterey Park and Rosemead mostly on the Garvey corridor. Open are Seafood Palace, New Sham Tseng, Northern Cafe, Happy Garden, BMCC, Tin Tin, Lucky #1 and the Longo takeout BBQ

4 Likes

tin tin with the $6 lunch specials?

Yes though it may be $7 now.

order 4-5 and you’ve got dinner covered for a while?

1 Like

Additional open restaurants in Monterey Park include Ah La Noodles, Hunan Restaurant, Huge Tree Pastry, Uniboil, Nice Time Cafe, Running Chicks, Happy Family and Yunnan Restaurant.

5 Likes

Also open for takeout in Monterey Park are Dot and Dough, Thai Paradise, Fortune No. 1, Beard Papa, Half and Half and Mandarin Noodle. Meanwhile Kristy Hangs reports Chengdu Taste and Mian will reopen next week.

4 Likes

Additional restaurants open in Alhambra and Monterey Park include New Noodle City, Noodle World, Sam Woo Alhambra, Garden Cafe, PP Pop, Boiling Point (Monterey Park), Hong Kong Cafe, Mei Wei Jin Hai, Alice’s Kitchen, Monterey Palace, Sam’s Noodle Station, Lee’s Sandwiches (Alhambra) and Kai Ramen.

6 Likes

LAist article on couple of Facebook groups that are tracking and trying to help SGV restaurants stay afloat. Easy to join and people are posting regularly on what’s available

https://laist.com/latest/post/20200506/san_gabriel_valley_restaurants_foodies_facebook_save_online_support_southern_california

If you don’t want to join the group, there’s also this database list that’s being maintained by one of the founders
https://www.pgiestates.com/sgv-restaurants

3 Likes

Just went to Mian’s the other day, quality is great and I enjoyed the noodles and dumplings, packaging is very nicely done.

3 Likes

Went to Sam Woo San Gabriel yesterday, in the big plaza with the fancy 99 Ranch, Daiso, etc. At around noon, there was a line of around a dozen people. The BBQ meats were coming and going fast, so everything was nice and fresh!

99 was kind of a mad house. Although they limit the number of people inside, the limit is still too high. The produce and butcher sections were pretty crowded, hard to maintain distance. Also didn’t seem like the carts were being sanitized routinely, but I was already there and decided to bite the bullet! At least the store was nicely stocked, still lots of meat although perhaps not as much as pork as usual.

And they’ve got a nice selection of food for takeout! Taiwanese style bento bowls, breads/bings, etc.

2 Likes

speaking of ranch 99, has anyone tried the run bing stand which can be found at some but not all branches?

I tried it more than a year ago. It was decent, and the wrapper was sturdy enough to hold it all together. Huge portion of fillings, and I could only finish half, but not bad if you’re already there to pick up groceries.

Wait, which Ranch 99s have this option? I’d love to try it. I don’t think I’ve seen it any any of my usual Ranch 99 haunts (Van Nuys, Alhambra, San Gabriel Square, Monterey Park off Atlantic).

i’ve seen them at the ranch 99 in arcadia on golden west, and at focus plaza at del mar/valley.

at arcadia, it’s buy one/two get one free, if you can eat that much.

1 Like

Whoops, that’s the one I meant, not San Gabriel Square. Where is it in that store? I don’t remember seeing that there but I did notice they changed up their hot and prepared food section in the past.

EDIT: “San Gabriel Square” is what Del Mar and Valley is called on Google maps. I don’t care, where are the bing?!

it was a couple of years ago, but i remember them being on the way to the produce section on the right hand side. the arcadia store, i saw them this week, pretty much the same location.