Shi Hai signage changed

I went to dim sum at World Seafood yesterday for Sunday Dim Sum with a few friends and encountered problem with limited parking and waiting in line for a table. This means business is better than before. After we were seated, the service were great but dim sum offerings was definitely not the same as I remembered. Several signature items such as the cute steamed pig bun with pink ears on cute painted faces were no longer listed. Their signature roast pork dish was also completely different. The roast pork while very good is not in the same league as the as the original version.
Finally, What is this KCRW nefarious restaurant name change conspiritcy?

Thanks for the report back. Good to know.

I stopped by last Saturday for dim sum. Place was packed, but wait for party of eight was only about 10 minutes or so at 11 a.m. Parking lot is out of control - they double park cars now, so I suggest just skipping the headache and parking on the street nearby.

Food is definitely cheaper now with most dishes coming in under $3. Others are right that the menu has changed. It’s funny because they were known for their steamed buns that resembled pigs. Well, there’s still a picture of them on the menu, but I didn’t see any where that you could order them. I found the food to be fresh, service to be decent. Compared to similar priced places like Atlantic, Monterey Palace, and Five Star, I thought World Seafood’s portions were larger, the preparation was cleaner, and the food tasted fresher.

1 Like