Shiki Beverly Hills - OOE Mori Omakase

I can guarantee that your last statement was said by only you at that point in time throughout the universe.

4 Likes

Kawase sounds right, but I think that middle hirakana character is, “neh.” The stroke ending in that small loop (bottom right of the character) might or might not be an issue.

1 Like

Yes, it’s ね (ne).

1 Like

It is like he just copies things from FTC now.
Look at his kohada rhapsody - completely stolen from us (well not me, but you know…).
Sad.

4 Likes

Now instead of signaling to a chef that you’re hip to weird sushi, kohada is going to be a trendy and predictable order. And it has been working so well for me! :imp:

2 Likes

“Can you do a kohada handroll with avocodo, spicy mayo, and soy paper?”

6 Likes

300 shikis before tax and tip

4 Likes

Per head?

If so, we’ll probably do something a little less decadent at lunch…

The omakase lunch with Chef Jun was wonderful.

I added a couple extra pieces - $68 + tip.

1 Like

yes, we’ve had the regular lunch omakase (with chef jun). it was the meal at which we spotted mori behind the bar in december.

Oh yes, I remember you did a thread for each meal.

@TheCookie is chef Mori available for lunch?

1 Like

I don’t think so. You should check, because that would be great.

1 Like

Per @PorkyBelly head. Remember I’m a glutton and ordered everything mori had available that night, plus repeats. So as always ymmv.

3 Likes

Here is what I fully had at Shiki.
It was over 1K+ for two people after tax and tip for the food only. Prepare for pics that seem to be endless, assuming some are out of order due to the amount of pics uploaded at once

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

5 Likes

Hero status

Thanks for putting the dollar amount up front.

One day when I become a bitcoin millionaire…

Interesting. We were just there and had an almost identical line-up, except our tofu and shrimp weren’t topped with uni or caviar, we didm’t have the crab, and our beef and vegetables were served already cooked. Maybe we had one or two fewer pieces of sushi. Our total, with drinks and tax but before tip, was just over $600 for two. It was quite the feast.

Believe it or not, not all nigiri pics were posted

4 Likes