Shin Sushi - OOE omakase

Great sear on those scallops!

So update on Shin Sushi.
I called and was able to order the chirashi, but Chef doesn’t have the ability to do nigiri this week.
He also informed me that this week would be his last week of take-out as they will be opening up their dining room for guests next week. He promises that there will be a formal announcement on social media later this week.

7 Likes

and here it is, no sushi bar and limited seating:

1 Like

now on tock:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CCZeomrDsBq/

4 Likes

LOL I’ve unofficially become the Shin Sushi photographer…
(that was my photo I sent to him back in May)

All funniness aside, it IS a splendid box.

9 Likes

picking some today!

what more do you get with the premium box>?

Uni, kohada, scallops…I may be forgetting some more.
It’s an exceptional box.

And ikura, I think both have scallops and kohada.

1 Like

Ikura and Uni.

2 Likes

I have picked up both deluxe and regular yesterday and both were outstanding! Especially the rice!

2 Likes

@attran99
https://www.instagram.com/p/CCjOQeNj88L/

1 Like

This means making a trip towards the office…and I’m not technically allowed on the premises. Thanks! This would be a treat.

1 Like

$325pp after tip tonight including a bottle of Kuzuryu sake. Delightful meal with the highlights being the Hokkaido scallop with yuzu zest, the torched kinmedai, the Santa Barbara uni, and the tomago. Sergio was encouraging everyone at the bar to try his friends places Kaneyoshi and Kogane.

7 Likes

Take-san’s mottainai fish bone broth miso soup is unlike anything else in L.A. right now. Just perfect for a cold evening.

4 Likes

The miso soup was delicious in between bites of nigiri. Another couple highlights were the monkfish liver and deep fried baby crab.

sounds great.

to think we paid $110/head with tax and tip for this meal in december 2018.

is $325 per person?

I love Take san, but I do find his shari packing on nigiri pieces a bit too heavy in terms of size and density.

I didn’t look closely at the bill but it was about $250 worth of tax and sake so $200pp for the omakase.