Shrimp paste stuffed _____?

This is what I found. And now I want to go there!

https://www.yelp.com/biz/go-go-cafe-arcadia-2

Shrimp paste =/= fermented shrimp paste. Do you mean fermented shrimp paste as in in Kangkung belacan? we just made that tonight and it was delicious!

Don’t forget embassy kitchen shrimp paste stuffed chicken
https://instagram.com/p/BhZDO8pgwE-/

1 Like

Never had or saw shrimp stuffed fish before. Made a reservation as soon as I saw it on the menu at in situ. Fucking delicious. @TheCookie, @Chowseeker1999, @attran99, @Bookwich, @beefnoguy

When I get cooked I want to be stuffed with shrimp.

sea bream stuffed with shrimp, chinese mustard greens, mushrooms, fermented pepper sauce

7 Likes

shrimp stuffed chicken or 百花雞 (hundred flower chicken) at ocean bo in el monte. i still have to try their eight treasure duck.

9 Likes

wow, that looks great! is it as good as it looks?

1 Like

skin was crispy and dark meat was juicy. white meat could be more moist though! i think it cost around $40 and needs to be pre-ordered.

4 Likes

Belly laugh.

I‘ve got a couple…

Capital Seafood (Beverly Hills) - Fried Taro Puffs w/Shrimp & Shrimp Paste

Izaka-ya by Katsu-ya (Beverly-Grove) - Crispy Potato Wrapped Shrimp. No eye rolling. They’re delicious!

2 Likes

This is my dream dish. Looks like the roasted pork belly (roastie) but without the pork guilt.

2 Likes

“I have one last request; don’t use embalming fluid on me. I want to be stuffed with crab
meat.” – “What’s Up, Tiger Lily”

3 Likes

5 Likes

Wow that looks tasty and interesting!

@chandavkl is chef Tony worth checking out?

Chef Tony is in the top tier of LA dimsum. It also has only 3 Yelp stars (almost as low as you can get for LA dimsum), and that’s not just Yelp being Yelp. Service is spotty, prices are high, and there’s just the disappointment from the hype where they were expected to be head and shoulders over anything previously in LA.

4 Likes

Thanks for that if I’m in the area I’ll stop by doesn’t seem worth it to go out of my way for

I wasn’t wowed (no writeup from me).

1 Like

Just saw this thread. I assume someone shared the dim sum eggplant stuffed with shrimp paste?
Seafood stuffed eggplant with chilli sauce - Picture of China House  Seafood, Richmond - Tripadvisor

Is it as good as Richmond/Vancouver?

How is the dim sum in general in Richmond/Vancouver? Is it better than SF Bay Area? I know at least in the US the SF Bay Area has the best dim sum scene in the country.

The Cantonese restaurant atm on the east coast is Bonnie’s. With a stuffed trout with shrimp. They also do from what I hear a really good rendition of the McRib and Filet O Fish.

Bonnie’s is kinda like Needle. Don’t worry I’ll do a perfect bang bang with Bonnie’s and Win Son one day.

7 Likes

Second only to HK itself.

2 Likes