9 Likes

True, but sad…

2 Likes

Me in a couple days
4584b4f0bb83889e5fd018620bff5a64--seinfeld

7 Likes

#funkadelic

3 Likes

Hmmn, “pretty good,” why do I feel you are damning this with faint praise? I haven’t gotten mine yet, but now I am fearing it is “Instagramable” food – looks really pretty with all the colors, but . . .

1 Like

Not at all, i really enjoyed it, and there’s nothing wrong with it for what it is and was one of the better ones I’ve had in la. And I know this is an unfair comparison, but sushi sho’s chirashi bowl has ruined all other chirashi bowls for me.

I hope you enjoy yours please report back.

1 Like

I’ll report back, but I’m now doubting those tiny pieces of cut-up tamago. I think tamago is one of the greatest culinary dishes ever, it is apparently incredibly difficult to make and I once heard that when you walk into a sushi bar, you should first try the tamago which will give you an indication of the overall quality of the place. Even if this is the best tamago ever, I’m wondering if the little bitty pieces can really communicate the skill of the dish and do anything other than offer visual contrast to the plate. We shall see . . .

this morning i realized there was a container of kanimiso at the bottom of my bag and has been sitting out overnight unrefrigerated. i just ate it. it was nice knowing y’all.

15 Likes

Stir-fry that into a fried rice next time.

4 Likes

Or make pasta with it :fist:t2:

1 Like

I will up @PorkyBelly’s “pretty good” with a not bad. A little too high on the rice to fish ratio at this price point. Also, as I suspected, the tamago, while extremely well executed, was lost in the little bite-sized pieces. I’m not a steak eater myself, but it was as if the best most tender steak was served via a few scatterings of purse dog size morsels. More visual than anything. I often feel like I miss out on things – or order the wrong thing – and I’m sorry I missed the earlier iterations of Shunji chirashi.

2 Likes

9 Likes

Love nodoguro

Ugh these Supreme-esque drops are putting a dent in my wallet (and no resale :laughing:). But passing on this one more due to it being for Tuesday/Wednesday :cry:

4 Likes

Ohboyohboyohboy…

Shunji

12 Likes

They’re adorable!

(btw one last order left on Tock for Wed 6:45pm gogogogo)

1 Like

Shunji just dropped their latest release.

8 Likes

That shit was amazing! Like rapid fire nodoguro nigiri. Shunji-san’s rice was superb, the sushi-meshi was sprinkled with nori strips which added a nice flavor yet did not overwhelm the delicate flavors. Such finesse. And the nodoguro was just spectacular quality, luscious, buttery slices. No chewing required. Served at perfect temperature, I want to go back a grab another one. :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

And Ichigo! cuz need more sake, right @beefnoguy.

Me driving home waiting to drink Ichigo in the passenger seat.

16 Likes

Great pictures!

1 Like

Thanks, credit to the natural lighting of Pico Blvd.

3 Likes