Shunji Pick-Up

From newsom himself “We’re going to keep the grocery stores open,” Newsom said. “We’re going to make sure that you’re getting critical medical supplies. You can still take your kids outside, practicing common sense and social distancing. You can still walk your dog.” Gov. Newsom expands Bay Area shelter-in-place to all of California

I agree that it’s a risk to go out and come into contact with people and should be best avoided unless necessary. But you’re really placing a value judgment on what’s necessary vs what’s not.

Additionally, spreading mis-information doesn’t help as this is what the governor’s office has deemed essential (exercise) aside from your aforementioned gas, food, hospital.

Please see the following from the CA governments website:

2 Likes

from garcetti :

Restaurants will be closed for dining inside those restaurants. But they will be places where we can get takeout, have delivery from or drive-through. And I encourage all Angelenos to help support these critical small businesses — the restaurants we love — in our neighborhoods by continuing to order from them and getting pickup or delivery.

3 Likes

On a side note:

According to Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates | Alcoholic Beverage Control (California department of Alcoholic Beverage Control), and their emergency regulatory relief, restaurants and bars that serve food, with particular liquor licenses, are allowed to sell alcohol to go with very specific stipulations, including things like closed container, full bottles only, and only sold with food/takeout (basically you have to pickup yourself, no delivery for most alcohol) and some cocktails might be ok. Plus with the ABC offices closed, they can’t enforce.

So in addition to supporting your favorite restaurant, buy alcohol from them with impunity! Do remember to obey traffic laws including transporting them in the trunk etc.

#SocialDistancingWithSake

4 Likes

I hear ya’ @hungryhungryhippos. My cousin is not letting her 9 yr old sit around with his iPad & video games. She’s having him pick a subject that interests him and write a report about it. But, still, he’s getting stir crazy and she said she’s had to start walking him like a dog. :laughing:

1 Like

Back on the Shunji tip. Your meals look fabulous. You Westsiders have it made in the sushi shade.

3 Likes

Yeah hopefully they are staying safe when they are outside! It’s hard to balance because it’s natural for people to want to go outside and interact but hopefully they are finding an uncrowded area and not coming into contact with ppl!

Hope everyone is staying safe out there!

1 Like