Silver Lake

Warrior: Botanica would be my first choice for brunch on weekends. Sqirl would be my first choice for lunch on weekdays, though I’m not sure if the new dining room is open yet. I think Pine + Crane is good quality but boring as hell. I have not been to Needle. My sleeper pick would be Wood, which deserves more attention.

2 Likes

Love the intersection of all day baby, el Rosal, and spoon and pork.

We really looove spoon and pork and honestly surprised they haven’t gotten much mention on the board. The crispy pata dish is killer.

4 Likes

Warrior: Spoon and Pork is a good choice—agreed.

1 Like

Cosa Buona
All Day Baby
Kismet (is this Silverlake?)

2 Likes

Pine & Crane - Griffith Park Blvd

Scallion Pancake

Dan Dan Noodles (v), Lotus Root & Wood Ear Shrooms

The vegetable plan was Vegetables From The Farm @JeetKuneBao but it was sautéed bok choy and we’d been eating bok choy all week at home, so we went with a couple things from the cold case. :slightly_smiling_face:

Vegetarian Mapo Tofu (v)

Koshihikari Heirloom Rice

We complimented the excellent rice. Our server said a Japanese customer is responsible for it. In the beginning days this customer would say how much he loved the food but how bad the rice was. He hooked them up with this Koshihikari. Thank you! :blush:

Shrimp Wontons

Potstickers (v) - Kabocha Squash, Shiitake Shrooms, Bean Curd & Vermicelli

Traditional Panfried Omelette - Organic Eggs, Salted Turnips & Scallions

I wouldn’t describe the food as “boring”. We weren’t expecting heavy spice & bold flavors from P&C. It’s light in style, flavorful & filling, with the usual side sauces to add an extra punch. We thoroughly enjoyed our dishes. My vegetarian sister loved it. My favorites were the juicy Shrimp Wontons, silky savory Mapo Tofu ladled over the Rice :hearts: & the Dan Dan Noodles.

One wish is that we explored the beverage menu like the food ahead of time. It was busy with peeps in line behind us - after selecting our cold dishes and ordering we quickly picked drinks. Husband liked his beer lol.

Getting a table was not hard. A server approached us in line, asked how many in our party and had a table cleared and ready by the time we finished ordering. Easy.

Happy Silverlake Dining!

15 Likes

I just tried Spoon and Pork’s patita today at their Sawtelle location. That dish was a flavor bomb and completely epic.

2 Likes

Thanks for the trip report and the beautiful pics! Glad your vegetarian sister liked it!

The drinks are really good as all the teas are sourced from Taiwan.

2 Likes

So gooood and rich right?

2 Likes

Thanks @JeetKuneBao

Yeah we missed out on the tea! Next time.

1 Like

That was on the list but got bumped til next time.

3 Likes