Site Questions

1 Like

All of them. It started when my iPhone did an automatic upgrade a few months ago. It eventually worked itself out and the photos I posted started looking better (kinda). But now that I think about it my phone did another unwanted upgrade about a week ago and my photos are dull and the color is off again. It only happens on the 2 sites I use that are hosted by Discourse. If I send someone a photo or post in another forum the photos look almost identical to my photo album.

Can you post a link to a problem post?

So I went to that thread and it’s about the @discobot display help not working. I posted my problem anyway.

You mean copy what I wrote and paste it on a Discourse problem thread?

A link to a post with a bad photo.

The photos on my recent reports. You won’t see the problem because you can’t see the comparison photos.

Okay, here’s one.

It’s duller and not as sharp as in my photo album.

You see more detail than this?

It’s hard to explain without you seeing my album. It’s not bad, just not good either. The color and the sharpness is off compared to my photo album. I’ve got a couple of peeps in Discourse trying to help.

The issue might be in how your browser is displaying / downloading the uploaded photo rather than in how Discourse is uploading it.

To check that, download an uploaded image to a real computer and compare the byte count with the original.

1 Like