Slow Burn (Echo Park): A Pictorial Essay

Debuting in soft open mode earlier this week, Slow Burn in Echo Park represents the latest concept from perpetual restaurant impresario Adam Fleischman (Umami Burger, 800 Degrees Pizza, Red Medicine). The menu features lots of fusion dishes incorporating comfort foods made with Asian & BBQ sensibilities. Let’s check it out!

Smoky prawn cocktail with fiery cocktail sauce… Smashing! The prawns were fresh, perfectly prepared, with heads on, which made for a wonderful accompaniment with the delightful cocktail sauce. Huge bite!

Japanese-style chicken liver mousse with sake… A very generous serving of liver, this also came with toasted bread. Lovely consistency, with a hint of sake lees on the aftertaste. Nice!

Pulled smoked duck confit buns with sweet BBQ, pickles… Why didn’t I think of this? Pulled duck is brilliant. The sweet BBQ is redolent of hoisin, which is fantastic.

Roasted cauliflower curry… Really nice curry here.

Dessert time! Housemade honey ice cream and yuzu butter ice cream… Wow. Scrumptious!

I was bummed they were out of the brisket-style short ribs, pan-fried garlic noodles, and yuzu kosho potato salad. But this means I get to come back another day! Bonus celeb sighting: Macy Gray. Service was friendly and prompt. A nice bar scene also. Parking: In the Mohawk Collective or street parking along Sunset Blvd.

A self-described Asian smokehouse, Slow Burn appeals to anyone who yearns for a flavorful new twist on familiar dishes. It’s a welcome addition to Echo Park.

RECOMMENDED.

Slow Burn
2112 Sunset Bl., Unit K
Los Angeles, CA 90026
slow-burn.co

16 Likes

I drove past it the other night wondering what it was–thanks for the great report!

1 Like