Soft Foods (Dental issues, etc.)

Done! A year later.

So I just got all my wisdom teeth removed and will be on a soft food diet for a little while. What are your fav soft foods that don’t contain any crunchy bits or seeds and the like?

4 Likes

Mashed potatoes and ice cream!

That and the congee was my diet post-wisdom teeth removal.

5 Likes

X2

3 Likes

soup w/ drop dumplings.

gnocchi

pb&j on grocery-store white bread. crustless if necessary. (fine, use japanese milk bread if you wanna be all hoity toity about it)

stovetop mac & cheese (no oven crispy top for you!)

3 Likes

Polenta with lots of fontina and 'shrooms!

2 Likes

scrambled eggs

i never had my wisdom teeth pulled, is a fof soft enough?

2 Likes

+1 on rice porridge, scrambled eggs, and creamy polenta.

I’m actually going to nix the dumplings (assuming Asian/Russian style dumplings that have a wrapped) or anything involved bread (incl PB&J and FoF).

Lemme explain why… I don’t actually remember having to modify my diet much when I had my wisdom teeth out, possibly b/c I had braces at the time and was already having to make dietary mods every so often. When I first got my braces, I couldn’t eat anything that involved a tearing motion w/ the teeth or needed significant chewing. So burritos were TORTURE b/c of the tortilla (although there was no prob eating the burrito filling). Not sure if you’re experience will be similar to that.

My recollection about wisdom-teeth removal was that it was just a pain (and kind of gross) to irrigate the holes left by the tooth (my only wisdom teeth were the lower ones). I think I only made dietary mods for a few days.

(edit: just realized I already had mentioned this on the other thread… Heh).

3 Likes

Soft serve! (To work on that next dental carie LOL)

2 Likes

Sorry, can’t resist… (SNL Original Cast)

East coasters know about Beefsteak Charlie’s

1 Like

Korean tofu soup but get dumplings in it instead of anything chewy like beef.

2 Likes

chicken and rice soup (midwestern congee)
polenta
oatmeal.

Congee for sure! The LSXO scallop and shrimp chao and a Fosselman’s milkshake.

2 Likes

Thanks, everyone! I made some soft scrambled eggs but seasoned them like tamagoyaki which then made me want actual tamagoyaki so I got some from Wadatsumi. :smile:

7 Likes

My wisdom is getting pulled sometime this summer. Not a lot of good soft foods in NYC/Philly

1 Like

I’ve had a couple wisdom teeth pulled out in my lifetime. I just remember eating regular food but being careful to chew on the other side.

1 Like

Good luck. I hope it goes smoothly!

I had all four pulled out so not possible. :frowning:

2 Likes

Oh it’s possible alright. I bloodily powered through a bunch okonomiyaki the very same day I had all four pulled years ago. My initial plan was to solely accompany my friends to dinner but food was too damn tempting. It was a painful…but delicious night. :woozy_face:

3 Likes

Pureed soups. One of our favorite fast lunches is a mixed vegetable soup. Simply simmer some onion + two vegetables (zucchini, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, name it) until tender, maybe 10 minutes. Puree, including the cooking water, with an immersion blender until smooth. Add heavy cream or a chunk of butter. Serve.

One of our most well received dinner party starters was pureed cauliflower soup topped with a crispy fried oyster, drizzled with curry-tinged EVOO. In other words, this concept is wide open for variation, Never boring.

1 Like

In the pilgrim’s line of thought, you could add gazpacho to your diet.

2 Likes

Or the very underrated salmorejo!

1 Like