Solo Lunch - WeHo/BH

Going to up up in the neighborhood and may need a late lunch sometime soon.

My usual stops when in the area:

• Connie & Ted’s
  • Chaumont
  • Joan’s on Third
  • Pizzeria Sei
  • Son of a Gun

I feel like I hit the same places all the time. Any cuisine and price point is fine.

3 Likes

Some spots to consider:

Ta-eem- chicken pargiot probably my favorite lunch or to go dinner in weho area
Dr. Sandwich - really good chicken shawerma
Sushi tama - sushi lunch!
Republique - not as good as dinner but also the pastries are awesome
Uncle Pauline’s deli- great Italian sandwich
Ggiata- never been since it opened after we moved but the sandwiches look pretty :fire:
Jon and Vinny’s- if you can get over their whole opaque service charge system
Bludsos- not as good as the og location but still pretty damn good
Oste- great mussels and a very unique style of pizza

4 Likes

I enjoy a République breakfast/brunch! It gives me an excuse to hit the pastry case.

Ta-eem may be the winner since it’s on the way home, and I’m a sucker for a solid grilled Mediterranean meal.

1 Like

Be sure to order extra mezze salads and check to see what they have that day. Sometimes for to go orders they don’t provide you with everything but they will give it to you if you ask.

1 Like

I second Oste. Really great upscale neighborhood Italian spot, with a more interesting menu than the standard Italian in LA, the highlight being the pinsa style pizza (and apparently the mussels, too). Their pasta is pretty great, too. I have yet to eat a dish at Oste that I did not enjoy.

4 Likes

3 black sheep recommendations from me:

Petrossian in West Hollywood: One needs to reserve lunch via OpenTable, I believe. #DontTellClayfu

Cafe Angelino on 3rd: Thin, thin, perfect Roman style pizzas (margherita and funghe pizzas are both bomb), and great salads and pastas to boot!

Tail O’ the Pup in West Hollywood: Is it kitschy? Yeah, probably. But hey, it’s an L.A. tradition. And that chili dog is immensely better than Pink’s. AND, you can potentially bangbang by walking over to Awan for Indonesian-style dessert!

6 Likes

matu

2 Likes

While True, Carney’s is not that far away and MUCH better dog and chili. We were very disappointed by our visit to the new Tail. Such a great space… parking too!

2 Likes

I so wanted to love them, but I’ve tried four of their sandwiches and they all pretty much taste the same. They also are really liberal with their chili spread. We could barely finish one during a Dodger game we brought them too.

3 Likes

I haven’t been back to Petrossian since it was cheffed by Giselle Wellman. I actually wasn’t sure it was open for lunch. Nice to know it is!

I get a fair amount of takeout leftovers from Angelino since I know someone who works nearby.

Tail O’ The Pup will require warmer weather since it’s mostly outdoors.

These are nice reminders!

1 Like

I need to remember matu for the next time I’m in the ‘hood for croissants at Chaumont. That’s a winning bang.

4 Likes

Took this Ta-Eem recommendation on Wednesday. Still eating the shawarma on Friday. Great texture, huge flavor. Fluffy pita reminded me of Oui nearby. If I’m in this neighborhood I might do Otus or (more happily) Noree Thai.

4 Likes

I’m not in the area often but when I am I usually end up on Fairfax for Cofax or Slammers or maybe even Madre.

I also like the new Saucy Chick/Goat Mafia spot for a quick lunch, those chicken bowls seem built for weekday desk lunches and the tacos are very solid, especially considering the neighborhood.

2 Likes

The chicken pargiot is more flavorful and juicer than the shawarma (although the shawarma is very good as well). I’m a fan of their pita and various salads too…love Ta-Eem

3 Likes

This was a great lunch!
That fluffy pita and the salads were first rate…and the chicken smelled so good as they were cooking it. I loved the fresh salads and eggplant best.
Note for future use: they close at 1:45PM on Fridays. I was the last order of the day so took my order to go.

10 Likes

Eggplant is my fav too! Next time ask for the baba, beets, and the carrot salad. Also you can get a half fries/ half parsley salad if you want. Totally forgot that they close so early on fridays and aren’t open on Saturday due to the shabbas glad you were able to get your order in!

2 Likes