Somni - Beverly Hills

yes new location in silver lake

5 Likes

no sir, on the other side of town.

4 Likes

ugh westside smh?

I don’t care where it is, this is amazing news.

2 Likes

10 posts were split to a new topic: Futurist cuisine: threat or menace?

Huh?

The forthcoming reopened version of Somni has nothing to do with Jose Andres. Not talking about the now closed version that was inside the SLS and Bazaar.

3 Likes

Jose is not part of somni 2.0

3 Likes

Aitor left Thinkfood Group in 2020 or so. This Somni is all him

2 Likes

Please tell me it’s a regular restaurant and not one of those exclusive dinner club things for 10+ grand like Habitué

Hopefully not, although Somni was already very exclusive with maybe 10 seats? I can’t remember if it was 1 seating or two, but everyone is served together which made for a more efficient service. Their operation was likely indirectly subsidized by being within the same space as the much larger Bazaar, too. They had way more staff than Habitue or Hayato. If he’s going out on his own, I’m sure pricing will need to be expensive to be sustainable and it’ll depend on how much volume he can accommodate in the space he can afford to build out.

1 Like
8 Likes

Amazing news. Please share any info about reservations going live

1 Like

How do you all know so much about restaurants?

It was pretty common knowledge iirc Jose Andres made a post about it at the time on Insta. The much more interesting question is how did Aitor get to keep the rights to the Somni name and some of the signature plates etc. That whole breakup with SLS was really weird/shady; guess JA just let Aitor have the rights.

4 Likes

It’s my job to stay informed :smiley:

9 Likes

Ditto @rohto, someone please post here when rezzies go live…or maybe we can start a group chat or something?

if we get enough of us maybe we can just book it out for the night :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I volunteer to be part of an FTC buyout if there is one.

3 Likes

im in too!

1 Like