Somni - Beverly Hills

I couldn’t eat anymore

1 Like

:scream: @Chowseeker1999 you have not been??

1 Like

I think it’s about the same amount of food as saison and californios but somni doesn’t have a bread course for gluttons like me to fill up on.

I wouldn’t worry about leaving hungry like at kato.

1 Like

Hi @Sgee,

Yah, yah I know. I have not. :sweat_smile: I was on the fence if it was too much showmanship, but so many positive reports from our esteemed FTC’ers and it’s on our must try list now. Did you like your visit?

2 Likes

@Chowseeker1999 I did enjoy my dinner. U should go, it’s a fun experience and the team is very friendly. It’s food that’s difficult/impossible to recreate at home at a fair QPR

2 Likes

Just wanted to post an FYI if anyone had an outstanding reservation for them pre-COVID.

Nearing the date of my reservation which was in March after Somni closed I reached out to them and they told me I could extend the reservation to a later date of my choosing after their re-opening. However, they never sent me any communications prior to me reaching out which I think is pretty bad comms given the price point of the restaurant.

However, after that period I have received no communication from them and actually emailed them to follow up twice and did not receive a response.

If any of you on this board had a reservation with them you might want to call your CC company to request a refund.

I have no particular insight or inside information on Somni, but I know some of these very high-end temples of cuisine are labors of love and are not very profitable for restaurant companies. I think a lot of such restaurants will never reopen. Really depends on the terms of their hotel deal. I fear the carnage, unfortunately, is just beginning.

You mean you didn’t get a refund yet?

I would have to agree and that is very unfortunate. I hope that they do re-open so I can visit because their food/experience looks amazing. But if places like Jose Andres restaurant can’t re-open it makes me really worried about the general state of all restaurants.

I was waiting for auburn to re-open since I had a gift card and I really wanted to try their food but alas it was not to be.

Nope Somni never issued a refund and didn’t contact me prior to the reservation passing. The CC issued a conditional refund but they have to contact the business. I’m sure it will be refunded but I just wanted to spread the word just in case anyone had forgotten about their reservations since it isn’t small change.

1 Like

Spoke with a cook who was working there a few weeks back. They have no idea if they will reopen.

As far as I know it is a hotel restaurant and it may depend on how the SLS feels. It would be very unfortunate if they are unable to reopen as it was one of my favorite dining experiences last year and I had hopes to return.

1 Like

Fuck, another one.

1 Like

ah fuck.

Very sad news. I was there on the second opening night alongside @J_L and was there on the second to last night of closing right when the pandemic hit LA. One of the true greats in this city and am really hoping for its reincarnation in one form or the another

Yeesh sad news to say the least, sad I was never able to get there to dine. Had a reservation for March but it was shut down prior to our reservation date :frowning:

Dammit. More sad news.

Details:

4 Likes

This is a huge loss and such an amazing team and setting too. My dinner there was the most memorable fancy meal in LA.

Crushing. Had an incredible anniversary dinner at Bazaar a few years back. I wish we went to Somni when we had the chance. This hurts even more knowing everything Jose Andres is doing to make the world a better place.

3 Likes