South Bay Staples

Fogo And boiling crab yayer!!! South Bay is coming up

4 Likes

like 10 years later, but better late than never lol

4 Likes

Truly. Who names a seafood place “Stinkin”?

2 Likes

2 Likes

Wow all the restaurants are coming, I’m into it! All we need next is a Jon and vinnys, maybe a Walter manzke restaurant, and a coupe of other places and Ill never have to go to the city again lol.

1 Like

Shake Shack should be a no-go (at least until they change certain things)

3 Likes

no thanks, Martin potato rolls are tasty.

2 Likes

I guess you also think a little insurrection is also tasty/good

2 Likes

What if you go to a Shake Shack and just get a milkshake like I did today?

1 Like

Obviously everybody has to decide by themselves where to draw which line - but at least for me boycotts (supported through social media) of any corporation is pretty much the only way to be able to influence decisions. Significant loss of revenue changes such decisions and so no business at all is the biggest possible impact.

8 Likes

Do you know what political causes every company you support or spend money at donates to? Breweries, furniture companies, the fruit person at the farmers market, your gardener, movie theatre chain, etc? I understand where you’re coming from but where do you draw the line. I have a hard enough time keeping track of myself let alone every place I spend money with. I give to charities and political causes that align with my views. If given the choice I would not want to spend money at places that are diametrically opposed to my views but it seems like an impossible task.

Danny Meyer gives to a lot of charitable causes that align with my views and he has been at the forefront on making change in the industry to provide more equitable pay/benefits.

Hard to separate.

9 Likes

While it is definitely hard to draw the line on such things since theres so much going on in the world, upon discovery of something unseemly or something that doesn’t align with my values I will try to boycott or not spend my money on such things.

I will never be purchasing a martins potato roll ever again, not saying that I won’t eat one if it’s presented to me at a sandwich shop etc., but will try to avoid as best I can.

12 Likes

Ditto which is why I only had a milkshake and ate somewhere else instead of having a delicious cheeseburger on a Martins potato roll. But some would say that is supporting Martin’s.

6 Likes

Of course you can’t always track all donations, support, political opinions etc from every organization you engage on a daily basis but at the same I think making other people aware on a forum, social media, newspapers etc. is the best way to spread information so everybody can make his/her own decision.

10 Likes

From Burger She Wrote the other day :rofl:

7 Likes

I’d cut Shake Shack some slack for a while. They’ve apparently been getting those rolls for under six cents apiece (!) and there’s no other vendor that can provide similar quality in the same volume for a comparable price on short notice.

2 Likes

That’s funny. The trick with the King’s Hawaiian rolls is to double up like at Dog Haus.

8 Likes

Damn that looks delicious!

:joy: that is definitely the most smashed burger I’ve received from them. Almost like they were proving a point

1 Like

Kogi burgers do the same I believe

1 Like

we had a very nice lunch at dimsum 101 in lomita today. an edited menu of mostly standards (and not all of them) but everything was done very nicely–except the chicken feet, which were a bit flabby. a good option for when we’re not in the mood for a sgv drive.

2 Likes