Spoon by H - Is it gone?

How do we know that’s legit?

It was posted on Spoon By H’s Instagram feed.

1 Like

Sounds good.

https://www.instagram.com/spoonbyh

Is there any risk with using Venmo? Same sort of disputes?

Venmo is based on cash not credit right? That’s a great way to go. You can have a laminated QR code for payment. One of the farmers at the smfm market today did this

1 Like

Is there an online ordering system that supports Venmo payments?

I message PRD on IG. They confirm the order, send me a total, and I send them Venmo.

3 Likes

A Message from Yoonjin Hwang

To all of our Spoon By H customers, friends, and supporters, thank you from the bottom of our hearts for the love you’ve shown us this week and always. We’ll never be able to find the words to express how incredibly grateful we really feel.

We were blown away by the GoFundMe donations we’ve received from our community and we still can’t believe how blessed we are to receive this outpouring of support and encouragement. We thank you, sincerely, for every kind word and every message that has kept us going through it all.

And a special thank you to one of our oldest customers and a dearest friend, @kimchi_chic for starting this GoFundMe page for us. We are truly so touched and overwhelmed by the support and the contributions you all have made.

We don’t take a second of it for granted and the raised funds will go towards a new beginning for Spoon By H.

Though we don’t know exactly when or how or what our new beginning will look like, we hope to have the opportunity to serve you all

12 Likes

speaking as someone who used to work in the credit card industry, chargeback legislation needs reform. in the short term, require id & do only “card present” transactions to minimize the risk of unauthorized transactions (that also saves you 0.3% in overall fees vs. ‘card not present’ transactions) – and before you run the charge, either take a time stamped pic of the customer and their ID with the merchandise – and pics of each dish – or get a signed receipt/order form at time of pickup to refute any claims that a customer never received what they paid for. these types of records are what visa considers “compelling evidence” to refute chargeback claims.

EDIT: also do EMV chip transactions only - merchants are liable for fraud on all non EMV transactions.

2 Likes