Stevie's Creole Cafe On Pico?

Our church is on Pico by Hauser. The surrounding community has a monthly event called Third Thursdays. The flyer for tonight’s event makes reference to a brand new restaurant called Stevie’s Creole Cafe. My Google-Fu has not come up with any more info than that. But I can’t help to think this has a connection to the former Stevie’s in the Valley. Anyone have more Info?

Flyer is here:

1 Like

That’s funny. My husband just came home and said “Guess who’s opening at Chic’s old spot on Pico?”

Yah… It’s one and the same. The first restaurant was called Stevie’s on the Strip located on Crenshaw. That lasted for years, then they opened a supper club type place on Ventura. I’m not sure if Stevie still has anything to do with the restaurants. I believe is ex-wife was running the Ventura Blvd location.

I’m looking forward to trying it out. It’s a curious choice to open so close to My Two Cents.

So there’s the skinny… as much as I know anyway.

3 Likes

That’s interesting. Stevie Perry and I were in the same 3rd grade class in the Crenshaw district. I think I saw him once at the Crenshaw location, quite a few years ago.

2 Likes

What did you all think of the food at Stevie’s? I ate at the Ventura location once or twice about 10 yrs ago. My memory is hazy, but I think I’d rate the Ragin’ Cajun truck or Little Jewel higher. I still thought Stevie’s was pretty tasty, though, but I have virtually no experience w/ creole food…

1 Like

Well back in the Crenshaw days the attraction was the smoky fried chicken. Did they have that in the Valley location?

Small world. That’s how my husband & my cousins know him. My husband’s family lived on Sutro when they were kids. My cousins lived in Windsor Hills. Stevie’s a little older than my husband, so his older brother knew him better. One of my cousins knows him really well. He’s a good guy, a total crack-up.

This is an interesting area. It’s statistically known as the most ethnically mixed area of L.A. County.

Yeah, we went to Virginia Road Elementary school. I lived by Dorsey High back then, then we moved to View Park.

I’ve not had a lot of the food. But IIR it’s hit or miss. Some dishes are delicious and some are okay. But moving to this part of town they will have to come up. Angelenos are getting pretty discernible… There are Food Talkers lurking everywhere :fearful:. I’m really looking forward to them opening.

1 Like

Actually, I think my cousins considered their neighborhood more View Park - corner of Floresta & Victoria.

I just asked him. They went to 39th Street Elementary School.

Contrary to what the flier said, Stevie’s is not open today and probably won’t be open for a bit.

Oh boy

Still no Stevie’s :unamused:.

CP time. runs out of thread

Total CP time.

Me too.
And Crenshaw once.
Neither was very good. Simlar to airport cajun/creole.
Hope things have improved.

i ate at one of them years ago and it tasted like a liquified salt block.
(and my palate LOVES salt)
it was the first and last restaurant in my experience to oversalt their food so badly that i couldn’t stand it.

1 Like

I actually have to agree, but remain hopeful.

I was excited about it when I saw the signage, then I remembered how awful it was and came back down to earth.

1 Like

We had dinner at My Two Cents the other night… delicious btw. Decided to mosey on down and check out Stevie’s progress. Not open yet. But it does seem to have the hip look of the neighborhood. That was promising.

Does anyone question the choice to open up so close to M2C?

3 Likes