Stinking Rose: A Pictoral Essay

JKeith was a legend on the other site.

Or you can go to milo + olive and get their garlic knot, pasta and pizza.

10 Likes

that looks fucking amazing. kinda sensual too. :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Oh, we probably won’t be going this month anyway; plans are set already. But who knew garlic had a season? Do tell when that season is.

You’re killing me with the old-school Chez Panisse stories. I’ve been fascinated with the restaurant and Ms. Waters for years.

And what about Papa Cossio cooking? Guess who taught Sergio?

So Sergio is better than Coni and Chente??

Didn’t I read somewhere that Papa C retired or something like that? Whatever the case, I don’t know if one place is greater than the other. I think it just depends on if Sergio is at the helm. If he is at one place or the other, it’s pretty much a sure bet.

My only caveat would be that Sergio’s skills can only go so far. I could swear that when you ordered a fish taco at Chente, the fish used was Snapper of some sort. When I ordered the fish tacos upon his return, the fish inside tasted something like tilapia. I hate tilapia.

The first time I had whole roasted heads of garlic was at Chez Panisse in the 70s. A couple of days later somebody walked into our apartment and said, “Are you guys cooking with garlic?” No, we’d just been sweating it out.

7 Likes

Are you kidding? Your lawyer’s not going to want to come within 10 feet of this guy.

Hey - not all lawyers are bloodsuckers. :laughing:

4 Likes

Speaking of lawyers and bloodsuckers

That Abraham Lincoln Vampire movie is awesomely bad and great.

2 Likes

I was less impressed with that film. For solid horror comedy, try Tucker and Dale vs. Evil, or Cabin in the Woods. Or almost any iteration of the Evil Dead that still has Bruce Campbell in it.

If you’re looking for serious action, John Wick. rent the first, go see the second in theaters, now.

If you’re looking for the dumb fun category, John Woo’s Face Off w/ Nic Cage and John Travolta is spectacularly ridiculous

4 Likes

I think Medieval Dead (released as Army of Darkness) is the funniest of the Evil Dead series. It doesn’t really matter if you didn’t see the first two.

And don’t forget there’s an alternate ending to Army of Darkness.

There’s also a Showtime (?) series that is a continuation of the same story, w/ Bruce as an older Ash and plucky young assistants.

It’s entertaining if you’re predisposed to like that sort of thing.

nic cafe in bad lieutenant part 2.

why is Bruce Camp bell so popular ?

If you have to ask, his brand of humor is presumably not for you.

he is a gifted physical comedian with surprising range. Not kidding. Watch ‘Bubba Ho-Tep’
Bruce Campbell as (possibly) Elvis Presley, living out his years in a retirement community. It’s funny, yes, but it’s kinda moving…

@President_Mochi - I am truly sorry for contributing to the serious thread-drift that has occurred.

Perhaps @ipsedixit should split off some of this? (Though, to be honest, I am enjoying the meandering!)

Not at all! I say let the thread drift on :slight_smile:

You must not have seen it in 3D on July 4th like I did.

1 Like

in a futile effort to bring this back 'round to food:

Nic Cage on peaches:

Nic Cage has interesting snacks:

2 Likes