Sub & Deli sandwiches...faves?

Until K-Sandwiches re-opens, I think Pho Hut & Grill has the best bahn mi in the area for my tastes. I especially like their bahn mi xa xiu, adding, of course, some of the squeeze-bottle sriracha. (It’s not Huy Fong brand.)

Not in S.D but Molinari deli. S.F . Head cheese on a deli roll you that pick out from the bin of your choice . Hand it over to the server . Oil and vinegar with some fresh mozzarella .

1 Like

Do you know for a fact that it will re-open? Great news if it is.

I read (I believe in the Union-Tribune) that the delay in demolition was due to a permit process. Once that was approved, the demo took place. The last time I drove by, that phase seemed complete. They left two adjacent exterior walls standing; nothing else. Nothing is certain of course, but the owners have repeatedly said publically that they plan to re-open. It sure seems like a long time.

I actually prefer Cali Baguette (Mira Mesa) over K Sandwich. The last few visits before the fire were quite underwhelming, especially the quality of the bread

I haven’t been out to the Cali Baguette in Mira Mesa, which might be great, but I was disappointed by the bahn mi that I got from their store on Convoy. Just one sample, admittedly, but that’s all the data I have.