Suggestion for steakhouses for a party of 12

THANK YOU ipse,
your repair accurately reflects my view!

Maybe The Royce?

If the absence of Waygu isn’t a deal breaker, maybe call Morton’s in Beverly Hills. While I prefer the steaks at Wolfgang’s, I have had outstanding steaks at Morton’s too, and the dining room and private room at Morton’s have better ambience. The folks at Morton’s in Beverly Hills are extremely service oriented, and I would be very surprised if they did not do whatever they could to accommodate you. Our office has had functions there from 10 folks to 30, and they were willing to do just about anything we wanted. I can’t speak for the other Morton’s branches, but the Beverly Hills branch seems to take hospitality very seriously and functions more like an individual restaurant, and less like an outpost of a chain. Make sure and speak with someone at the Beverly Hills Morton’s, and not someone from “regional” headquarters. (We were once booking an event, and made the mistake of using the “catering” or “private function” telephone number on the website, and spoke to some “regional” catering director, that started talking rigid pre-set menus and “minimums”, and we figured out we needed to speak the Beverly Hills folks directly. We did, and there were no hassles.)

I have not been to Baltaire but several of my friends have and say that average check is $200pp and service is awful.

….agree with Fogo De Chao Beverly Hills. They do wonderful parties!

Agree with avoid BOA

1 Like

I went to Baltaire once for Happy Hour. I don’t drink alcohol (generally), but you could easily spend $50 just on the food (which wasn’t merely decent, NOT relative to the price). The space is gorgeous, but, IMHO, Baltaire is the kind of place you go to only if you have an expense account. I would NOT recommend anyone spending their own $ go to that place.

I haven’t been since the remodel, but I’ve had a few big gatherings at Nick and Stef’s. The steaks were solid, ambience and service were good, and prices weren’t too bad. $15 corkage.

How about The Arroyo Chophouse in Pasadena? Solid steaks and a great a la carte menu. Classy and refined service and ambiance. They also have a couple of private rooms. Pharmaceutical reps hosted dinners for doctors back in the day.

Thanks for all the suggestions, we booked The Royce for our dinner. I can’t wait to try since I’ve never been.

M Grill on Wilshire near western is a fantastic option. It’s similar to fogo de Chao, brazilian charruscaria but a bit less expensive. I was there yesterday and it was filled with large parties having Christmas parties. The chicken hearts are off the chart.

Enjoy Royce! I’m a little late but Taylor’s accommodated our group of 12 and it was very reasonable.