Summer / Fall / Winter / Spring fruit

Las Posas Berries in Camarillo. Not quite peak of the season but still sweet and delicious. Can’t beat the price for a flat.

4 Likes

those look great. When is peak strawberry season?

Personally I like mid to late May.

1 Like

The last half of May used to be a very clear peak, but growers have extended the season with new varieties. But they have also degraded the market with varieties that are more about appearance than flavor and aroma.

Where can I get good oranges? What farmers market?

Gelson’s has heirloom navel oranges right now that tastes like candy. My girls have been loving them.

What’s a cava orange?

Sorry total brain fart. Navel orange

Santa Monica (Wed)or Hollywood (Sun)

2 Likes

I agree with others. I think May is the peak but in California berries are great for many months. We are on the early side.

1 Like

I’m sure there are plenty of really good strawberries right now. Personally i won’t buy any until late April

COTTON CANDY GRAPES
from the Grapery.

Ah, they’re back, getting me by, until the Moon Drop :grapes: grapes get into stores.

The Cotton Candy grapes were huge. At Ralphs, $3.99/lb but there’s a digital coupon I guess since they discounted me $1 or so off the total.

They are much bigger than last year. The bag I bought looked like 20 grapes, LOL. But it was almost 2lbs. That’s like 50¢ a grape :slight_smile:

The Grapery just started harvesting Moon Drops this week.

6 Likes

Damn, literally just did a Ralph’s pickup today and looked to see if there were any grapery grapes but didn’t see it online.

1 Like

My Ralph’s in Sherman Oaks did not have them today. It may be worth checking sprouts as well.

MOON DROPS
from The Grapery are at Sprouts!!

Got these in Culver City on Sepulveda. They also had Cotton Candy.

5 Likes

Moondrops were FINALLY at my Ralphs in Sherman Oaks.

Yesterday, wifey paid $3.99 at Sprouts :man_facepalming:. I tried to train her, but it didn’t take.

BTW, Grapery Cotton Candy were also on sale for $1.99. The Gum Drops were $3.99.

1 Like

Wow . Both of those grapes were on “sale” at Bristol Farms for $4.99 per lb.

2 Likes

I know you’ve mentioned these grapes b/f. Are they, like, phenomenal tasting? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Uh… YEAH!!! slightly acidic, sweet, juicy… great frozen. Yeah. Only available for a few weeks. My absolute favorite!!

Wifey is NOT a black grape eater. Years ago I force-fed them to her LOL! She is now more of a junkie than I am.

Here’s a good description:

2 Likes

Definitely

1 Like