Super Bowl 2018 - Best Chicken Wings?

Where should I pick up some great chicken wings for Sunday’s game? Westside preferable, but I’m open.

Howlin’ ray’s

2 Likes

Other than Howlin’ Rays, Ye Rustic Inn has the best wings in LA.

my money’s on Gus.

1 Like

To open a can of worms:
Gus’s QPR is excellent.

At $2.xx a wing I think pricing is about par with Popeyes. I usually get $60 worth of chicken at a time - a whole bird + 12 wings. They reheat great.

1 Like

Gus’s is sounding pretty good. They’re three freeway exits away, and they have fried pickles.

@Ns1 “on par with Popeyes”? The few times I’ve encountered Popeyes the chicken pieces looked bony and scrawny and smelled of grease. Thank you for the Gus’s menu pic!

on par meaning pricing, not quality.

//edit

ONE WARNING - if you buy any of the “southern portions” they’ll give it to you in a paper bag. I understand the paper bag fried chicken thing is reasonably “authentic”, but it still sucks.

1 Like

I just happened to stumble upon this wing article in LA Mag (most are restaurant wings vs chicken joints):

KyoChon. Although I think I’m one of the few people who loves their wings.

2 Likes

a good rec if they can handle spice.

1 Like

The honey wings are good if they dont

1 Like

Yes.

2 Likes

Guys, I love my friends, but I’m not standing in line for two hours on Super Bowl Sunday to buy them chicken wings. One must draw the line somewhere.

5 Likes

and that’s why Gus is the answer.

There are the Tom Brady of friends and there are the Donovan McNabb of friends. Did I just go there?? :innocent::innocent::innocent:

On a serious note, Gus is good fried chicken. But I would source the ranch or bleu cheese at Joan’s on 3rd.

2 Likes

Comfort LA

KyoChon Chicken

kyochon_chicken

2 Likes

Are all of these full wings or wing segments??

kyochon does not do 3 pc wings, if that is what you’re asking.