Super Numbing Spicy Sichuan or Other Chinese Food?

I hear you and feel you. You know, there are studies that say eating spicy food only brings temporary relief, and might even worsen things afterwards, but…I don’t care, that’s what I crave too :slight_smile: When I’m in really bad shape, even temporary is worth it to me.

3 Likes

It makes my nose run, which helps with the stuffiness. Relief is always temporary until the cold runs its course, but I find I get more relief AND I can still taste the food despite my cold-induced dulled taste buds :grin:

2 Likes

Anything else that stands out here?

I like the pig’s blood and the stuffed duck. People seem to really like the beer duck hot pot, but that was never a draw for me (even at Houlala).

It’s really hard to go wrong. I’ve had dozens of meals at the beloved Chengdu Taste and Szechuan Impression, but sometimes I crave the stuff at Yun Chuan Garden. Every Sichuan and Hunan restaurant in the SGV has something good to offer, it seems.

A little secret that might make your day: Through Postmates, you can get delivery to DTLA from both Chengdu Taste and Szechuan Impression.