Sushi Ginza Onodera Opening in West Hollywood, Feb 2016

Thanks @Sgee.

$300 - $400+ Omakase (no drinks). Definitely for the FTC Ballers Club. :wink: I will be living vicariously through whoever goes.

2 Likes

I was at Sushi Ginza Onodera Honolulu and Sushi Sho Honolulu last month. I’m going to Sushi Ginza Onodera Los Angeles next week, and I will report back. The LA branch’s design is a bit different than the other locations’, and the price point in NY and LA is certainly higher. We’ll see; I really enjoyed my meals in Hawaii and they set a high bar. I hope it’s the same.

Recently, their grilled nodoguro was one of the best bites of fish I’ve had all year. The abalone with liver sauce and Oma tuna were incredible, and ingredients were very premium - kanburi, kegani, mirugai, Seki aji, fresh sujiko, Shizuoka wasabi, etc.

By the way, that piece of sumi-ika (“ink squid,” cuttelfish) has a special bamboo charcoal salt (“take-sumi shio”), which is kind of a visual play, with the charcoal salt as the “ink,” so to speak. The rice is very good, as is the teate. I’ll wait until my LA meal to post the menus for comparison.

6 Likes

@BradFord looking forward to your report!

Btw, great posts on Sushi Sho, how did it compare to your meal at Onodera? I wasn’t able to secure reservations on short notice while I was in Tokyo last year, dying to try it.

Went last week. I was the only diner there. My initial thoughts

1 Like

Nice :clap: