Sushi Noz - UES

Yeah, I’m going to wait til his new place opens too.

$500 and minimal hikarimono again?

Not sure about the hikarimono situation but would not be surprised if it’s minimial. I think these pop-ups are geared towards satisfying a wide swath of diners so tends to lean towards ‘consumer friendly’ neta options - uni, toro…

Only so many $500/person meals my bank account can handle. :grimacing:

Same thing happened when I went to a new omakase sushi-ya in LA last night. They only had iwashi and I had to dip into the bonus round to get it…

Probably…

At least they had something, but that’s flat out weird to only have one during the entire course.

I once had a meal somewhere (no longer significant as their rice never was satisfactory) where there were five types in one night: aji, iwashi, kohada, sagoshi, saba and they were all solid and fatty. Sigh… that was one helluva hikarimono orgyfest.

Yoshino is famous for his saba, so I’d expect at the very least they’ll serve that.

:drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:
Now I’m craving…

Winter is fugu season
Chicken fried tora-fugu head - delicious prep

Fugu, fugu, fugu - sliced filet, skin and sperm sac

7 Likes

Wohoooo finally had access to transportation for the trek up to Noz. My first order from their Covid era takeout menu.

Excellent Saba Bozushi!!! & always fond of their Chirashi

Charcoal-Seared Mackerel over seasoned rice with grated ginger and Sesame

@PorkyBelly @Chowseeker1999 :tada::tada::tada::tada::tada:

8 Likes

Damn. What’s that in the middle of the bo-zushi? Ginger?

1 Like

Yes ginger and shiso

1 Like

Wow! That saba bozushi looks amazing! Is that toasted sesame as well?

1 Like

Yes, some toasted sesame too. It was delicious. It’s a shame (or good thing for my wallet) I’m not within reasonable walking distance of them.

1 Like
3 Likes

This opened up next door. Saw a brief snippet in the NYT times today. Looks like a great addition for take out and premium ingredients to enjoy at home.

https://www.nozmarket.com/

1 Like

Ooh.

As expected, it’s extremely expensive. Tamago is great.