Sushi Sho - OOE Omakase

Taking a bathroom picture with a large mirror reflection without you being in it confirms that you are a vampire.

5 Likes

Funny! Good eye @J_L.

I cannot stop looking at these photos @PorkyBelly!

1 Like

Were any of these add-on requests?

everything after the smoked takuan (excluding the tamago and desserts) were supplements.

1 Like

Awesome! Did you try all the available supplements or did you have to “tap out”?
Also, did you stay at the Ritz? Wondering if having a room there helps with securing a reservation.

I think I ate everything Keiji-san had to offer on the night I went, and left very sated. As I recall, rezzies were tough but not impossible - you just have to be persistent with phone calls. Not sure if it helps if you stay at the Ritz-Carlton, but I think any good concierge in Honolulu can assist you in this manner. I needed neither a concierge nor my AmEx services to assist for securing my seat.

3 Likes

yep, i got OOE, plus a bonus uni.

i did not. As long as you plan ahead i don’t think reservations were that difficult, i.e. seats aren’t immediately booked when the six month reservation window opens.
I called about three months in advance and I would guess they were about half booked for the week I asked about. It may take a few tries to get through on the phone but they’ll eventually will pick up.

1 Like

sushi sho to-go
https://www.instagram.com/p/B_MCTKJD9U2/

4 Likes

I’m going in August. Might not be able to go for dinner because I don’t know how I’m gonna ditch my own family. I hope this box is still an option.

3 Likes

I’m not sure if it will be or not but be sure to call early in an attempt to reserve they regularly sell out weekly.

Also try to ditch your family if they are ok with it because it’s definitely worth it for dinner!

2 Likes

Hahaha. Sounds like me when I was planning a trip to Hawaii. I started looking up babysitting options and calling up hotel concierge to offload the kids for 3 hours. As you might have guessed we never made it to Sushi Sho or GSO.

1 Like

the best omakase in the states or the greatest?

bonus rounds

fin

11 Likes

I say best at least in my limited experience but I’m not as experienced in sushi as many others on this board.

4 Likes

Yes.

Also the to go bento was the best deal ever at one point I think it was only like 50 bucks. We got it like 2 or 3 times.

5 Likes

Looks like both. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Been trying to call this place for weeks to try to get an April reservation. No one ever answers. Anyone got any advice?

try calling around 1 or 2pm local time.

1 Like

Or 3pm they usually pick up the phone in the 3 hours prior to opening which I think is around 5.

Had been trying those for a few weeks and no luck! The hotel gave me an email address and I hit that and got a response and a rez on my preferred date within 10 mins. Hooray!

3 Likes