Sushi Takeda (Formerly Sushi Hide) - Little Tokyo

Signature OOE Omakase

Hide-san is fully recovered from his wrist surgery and the counter is finally open. I really liked his otsumami, he’s doing a lot of things you can’t find in la.

highlights

• abalone sauce with rice aka “japanese risotto”, highlight of the night
  • hanasaki-gani was super sweet and briny, haven’t seen this crab at many places
  • shrimp and snapper spring roll
  • iwashi-maki
  • chawanmushi
  • ika meshi, something else I haven’t seen around much which is a shame because it’s delicious
  • shima aji
  • botan ebi
  • aji
  • hotate
  • anago

sunomono - baby abalone, mushroom, yuzu

shabu shabu - tako, kinome

hay-smoked masu, japanese mustard

abalone

female hanasaki-gani (hokkaido)

spring roll - shrimp, snapper, shiso

iwashi-maki

tai

akami

sakura masu

chawanmushi - uni, scallop, mushrooms

kinmedai

ika meshi

suzuki

shima aji

botan ebi

nodoguro

aji

kamasu

kohada, oboro

uni, ikura don

miso

hanasaki-gani gunkan maki

hotate

anago

chopped toro ohagi

kanpyo

tamago

fin

Hide-san formerly of sushi tsujita has taken over the old mako sushi on the third level of weller court. They’re so new there’s no signage and there’s still a mako sushi sign hanging from the balcony.

Really enjoyed everything and it had nice qpr. Looking forward to trying their dine in omakase once it’s safe.

Highlights
saba bo-zushi
snow crab
squid
toro
hotate
uni
castella tamago

sushi box

sawara

buri toro

maguro

hirame

snow crab

chu toro

spear squid

masu

hotate

uni

ikura

castella tamago

saba bo-zushi

salmon and uni don

iwashi maki alert
haven’t seen this on the menu anywhere else in LA. hide-san’s version contains shiso, gari, and sesame seeds all wrapped in delicious fatty iwashi. incredible. iwashi fans, this is a must order.

owan

hotaru ika with sumiso
it’s the season for firefly squid. these were soft and tender with a clean taste.

box-o-hosomaki

anago takuan

ankimo yamagobo

buri shiso

negi toro

Sushi Hide
123 Astronaut E S Onizuka St, Ste 307
Los Angeles, CA 90012

21 Likes

You know I’m going to ask… was the saba bo-zushi a special order?

(Looks great!)

3 Likes

I will miss Mako it was a great QPR sushi spot! But I have to say those pictures look fantastic

2 Likes

Wow another place to add in my to do list in addition to Morihiro and Kaneyoshi.

I wonder if Mako-San retired? May he enjoy a Orion on the golf course with his sushi chef friends!

3 Likes

it was a special order but didn’t require any lead time, $28.

1 Like

4 Likes

I have been enjoying his excellent bara chirashi boxes for the last few months. I’ll miss the illicit-feeling thrill of picking them in a 7-11 parking lot like a good old fashioned drug deal, but I am psyched he’s opened his own spot and look forward to “using”.

8 Likes

Picked up the barachirashi from Sushi Hide tonight.

As @PorkyBelly mentioned, it’s great QPR. Each piece was seasoned and marinated, and I really enjoyed the rice–some of the best I’ve had in these takeout chirashi so far. The uni was really generous too because it was 5 pieces stacked on top of each other.

Located in Weller Court, just behind Sushi Kaneyoshi, means there are outstanding options no matter your price point.

10 Likes

Haven’t been to Weller Court since well before the pandemic. Is parking validated?

yes, for 15 minutes.

1 Like

Do you have to order by DMing him on Instagram? Or is there an online means like Tock I was unable to find? And how would you compare the quality to that of Morihiro? (I think Kaneyoshi is better than Morihiro so I’m not going to ask about that comparison).

you can DM or text 323-493-4861 to order.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJ2kqbghSI9/

2 Likes

Thanks!

now on tock

3 Likes

The knife skillz on that ika :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Cool! Thanks!

iwashi maki alert
haven’t seen this on the menu anywhere else in LA. hide-san’s version contains shiso, gari, and sesame seeds all wrapped in delicious fatty iwashi. incredible. iwashi fans, this is a must order.

owan

hotaru ika with sumiso
it’s the season for @CiaoBob’s favorite, firefly squid. these were soft and tender with a clean taste.

box-o-hosomaki

anago takuan

ankimo yamagobo

buri shiso

negi toro

20 Likes

Damn look at that

6 Likes

tastes great too

Did you guys order that in-person or via telephone? Seems like only chirashi and sushi boxes are on Tock.