Taco Recommendations?

No problem. I believe the kitchen opens at 5:30pm, but that might have changed since I last went.

Here’s the Chego/Kogi menu they offer: Alibi Room - Los Angeles, CA

@film_score2 My guy loves el pastor at the La Brea/Olympic truck. I keep suggesting he try NW La Brea/Venice… but he’s stuck.

For most people, those are life-allegiances…like gang affiliations. That’s like trying to get your Crips boy to join the Bloods…lol

1 Like

That’s hilarious!!!

Stewed is my favorite. They now have a location in West Hollywood as well.

The sampler I had once at the WeHo location looked a lot more “wet” than than the ones pictured in @wienermobile’s pic. I would’ve preferred the more dry ones! (although they were still delicious)

1 Like

the carnitas is top notch, but i recommend their “aporkalypse” tacos mix of carnitas, pork belly and pork skin (not fried) - with everything. -

not unlike what you can get at villa moreliana down at GCM - the villa moreliana version is clearly more substantial at the same price ($2.50)

but what the el momo version lacks in girth in makes up for in balanced texture and flavor - the salsas are very good.

1 Like

Agree. Moreliana has been one of my favorite stops when kicking around downtown. Often I’ll swing by just to grab one taco as a snack before moving on to other things. But man, El Momo’s meat and salsa is just amazing. If it was a little easier to get into the parking lot at Smorgasburg, I’d probably swing by more often to grab a few tacos and go. The two times I’ve been (opening weekend and 4 weeks later), El Momo’s lines were non existent as they turn people so fast.

It’s interesting, my 3 times trying El Momo have been pretty lackluster. Overly salty, one time it was dried out (bad). Very disappointed. :frowning:

Oh man! what a bummer! Both times I hit them earlier in the day, not sure if that made a difference in being dry or not. However, I can see some people finding it salty. I do think it leans that way but for me the salsa balances that out pretty well.

I didn’t do anything for me either @ Tacolandia. It lacked the crispy edges/texture that I personally like in my carnitas.

3rd that.

Momo’s salsas are the biz.

i get my el momo from the fairmont location - at lunch time when they’ve just opened.

I first had El Momo at the South Central location and it was hands down one of the best meals I ever had. The pork was sweet and fatty. All of the Acosta men were present. The Grandson kept giving me samples of this and that, that and this. I was overwhelm by the taste, and service.

At Smorgs, it was not quite the same…

i met juan for the first time two weeks ago., but he wasn’t there when i went back this past friday.

a cousin from my experience lacking valley clan got to try late night drunken al pastor from Leo’s and went from hesitation to asking them to cater his birthday party lol… asshole picked off the pinapples!

8 Likes