Taco Vendor

I used the search function but didn’t see anything right…so I’m throwing this out there. Does anyone have a reliable taco catering service to recommend? I’m looking to host a pretty casual party to celebrate two kids promoting to new grade levels. Would love it if they could provide rice, beans, salsas, guacamole, limes, cilantro, onions, grilled veggies, and quesadillas, too. I used thumbtack to find a couple of vendors and they’re looking to charge about $350 for 20-25 people. Even with reading the reviews, I’m still weary of untried services. I know I can trust you guys.

Thanks!

I am only here to post that Ricky’s won’t come out for less than $850 and GT won’t come out for less than a G.

1 Like

@Ns1 That’s extraordinarily helpful for someone who may need that information at a later point in time. Unfortunately, the kids’ accomplishments do not warrant that kind of budget.

1 Like

Guelagetza Catering is great

2 Likes

for sure, I’m just trying to clamp down those inevitable suggestions.

Del Taco has a fiesta pack, 6 tacos and 6 bean and cheese burritos for $10

:wink:

3 Likes

Pour Vida from Anaheim. I don’t know how much they charge though.

http://www.pourvidalatinflavor.com/home.html

1 Like

@Ns1 How did you know that there have been times that their performance deserved exactly Del Taco? Mind reader!

2 Likes

Check with Tire Shop Taqueria (4069 S Avalon Blvd).

You’ll have to go in person to inquire, as to this day, I still dunno if they believe in the telephone.

1 Like

@ipsedixit Thanks! They are still telephone shy…there may have been a website at some point in time, but that doesn’t work either.

Hi @attran99,

Not sure if it’ll fit your criteria (but ask them), but you might consider Tacos La Carreta (our favorite Carne Asada Tacos around here). :slight_smile:

They use mesquite charcoal, their Carne Asada is so good! I posted some thoughts and pics in the Taco thread.

They do catering, but not sure how much they charge.

Tacos La Carreta
(562) 500-5581
(562) 377-2819

Good luck!

2 Likes

Highly recommend Tacos Los Anayas - I know they cater but do not know their rates.
Address: 4651 W Adams Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90016

2 Likes

Thanks, @Chowseeker1999! I remember your taco excursions well! Do you know if they do more than just asada? I’m related to some weirdos that may need more than beef options.

Hi @attran99,

At their normal setup, it’s only Carne Asada, but they also have frijoles (beans), and given their cooking skills, I was thinking for Catering, they might be able to accommodate. It wouldn’t hurt to ask, hopefully they can give you various options. :slight_smile:

1 Like

a realtor friend of mine did an open house for brokers and hired someone who was supposed to provide tacos for 50 people.

i happened to stop by. the vendor had a grill on which he heated the corn tortillas and reheated the precooked meat, with salsa, onions, etc. on the side. they were ok. i was told that the fee was $385.

www dot jenniosonsitetacobars dot com is their website.

1 Like

Out of your budget but:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUKVHCYBfec/?taken-by=zingotacos

Zingo Tacos, $450 carne de res al carbon + 1 other meat, grilled on site, ~60 ppl.
Luz: 323-201-1786

They own a shop in El Sereno – we started under a freeway and now we’re here – and they are regulars at the MPK Farmer’s Market. $100 can easily be made up by CASH MONEY graduation gifts, and no pinatas. I mean literally F pinatas.

4 Likes

Holy shit need to throw a party ASAP.

1 Like

Hi @attran99 -

Maybe too late?

IIRC you live in the Whittier area? We recently talked Chema’s Tacos into doing food for a baby shower. How’d we do it? We asked so many questions about reheating, keeping tortillas warm, etc. they finally said f-it, we’ll do it. :grin: They set up grills in the parking lot and it was the bomb!

Either way, have fun. I love reading your party posts.

1 Like

You are throwing one. You’re doing the FTC Meet-up. Haha… just kidding… kinda’ :slight_smile:.

1 Like

Thanks, all! It’s been an extraordinarily busy two weeks in our household…so busy I hadn’t had time to even call the great vendors you all suggested. My husband told me he would take care of it…and we ended up with a surprise dinner for me and recognized the kids at the same time because the guest list was exactly the same. The smorgasbord were some of my favorite things…I’m pretty sure I didn’t have a chance to eat everything he picked out.

7 Likes

Wow… your husband took care of ordering all that? I’ve clearly trained mine wrong. I have trust issues when it comes to party planning :grin:.

Where did you end up getting everything?

Great spread - love the cake - thanks for sharing!

3 Likes