Taco Vendor

@TheCookie I am just as surprised as you are…little did I know he was capable of this…I’m the one who usually arranges for everything and he just shows up. He apparently thought an army or two was coming to our house. He ordered everything except for the House Special lobster and lobster noodles…he subcontracted that one out to my Mom. My cousins picked up strawberry croissants from Cream Pan. Here’s a short rundown of what items were ordered from where:
Brodard (Garden Grove) - shrimp paste rolls, grilled pork rolls, bo bia (sauteed jicama and carrots with egg and Chinese sausage) rolls, banh kot (egg/rice flour/tumeric cups filled with shrimp)
Kebab Crush (Artesia/Cerritos) - lamb kebobs, chicken shwarma, beef shwarma, rice, tomato-onion-cucumber-bell pepper salad, hummus, pita, and garlic sauce
Hello Sushi (Bellflower) - spicy tuna rolls, salmon rolls…and some other rolls that my cousin didn’t photograph
Northgate Market (Norwalk) - Made to order gaucamole, salsa, chips
Rossmoor Pastries - white cake filled with fresh strawberries…there was only enough cake leftover for 1 slice…it was so good (in addition to being clever)

I will have to keep the list of taco vendors for another time. Thanks to all who made recs!

5 Likes

Are we married to the same guy? But I jest, he’s great at pick-up :grin:.

This is fantastic. Thanks again for sharing!

1 Like

@TheCookie Likely! Haha…pick-ups are the only thing I trust for him to handle. If ever consulted for menu, he’ll create the most non-cohesive meal ever…and we’ll likely have leftovers for the next week. However, he’s great at managing our bar and drinks for parties.

1 Like

That’s funny. Yep, hubby admittedly has no interest in party planning, can’t cook and has no interest in learning. Fine. But he does come up with good places for particular situations, and strangely enough always orders the better dish at restaurants.

Now, that is a great thing.

1 Like

I’m not sure how they are for taco catering but the Wagyu Carniceria carne asada is very good. $13.99 per lb vs Northgate $10.99 per lb. We are fine paying an little extra for the better tasting meat. Maybe a good option in the North OC? Lines for sandwiches are very long during lunch time. Seems to be popular.

6 Likes