'Tampopo' screening for one week at the Nuart in late October

In your hair, duh. :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks for bumping this, I’ve never seen it and it’s not streaming anywhere ever.

1 Like

I do this all the time! Wish more places had chopstick rests and now suddenly I have the urge to practice my origami Crane lol!

2 Likes

Ugh, I never want to fold another origami crane in my life. I made 1,000 for my wedding - so very tedious, but I’m kind of glad I did it.

4 Likes

Oh my! that’s a lot :slight_smile: Did you string them together? must have been so pretty

1 Like

Ha ha. At that point I was too lazy, so I put them in a gigantic vase.

2 Likes

How was the movie ?

2 Likes

It’s a masterpiece, as good a movie as has been made.

1 Like

Clearly I’m going to need practice.

4 Likes

Nah, that’s perfect.

1 Like

[quote=“MaladyNelson, post:24, topic:4224”]
I made 1,000 for my wedding
[/quote]Now that’s what I call a labor of love.

1 Like

Sweet

yeah, whatre all those citizen kane/vertigo/seven samurai people thinking, anyway?

1 Like

:kissing_heart:

Check it out.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/anthony-bourdain-explains-why-even-after-touring-80-countries-his-favourite-destination-will-always-be-japan/ar-AAjEyPI?li=BBnbfcL

1 Like

They’re thinking, Did anyone bring some edibles?

It’s been many years since I’ve seen it in its entirety, @Funtimes. I didn’t get a chance to go to the Nuart, but I sometimes watch clips of it on YouTube. The first time I saw it was with my family. The egg scene was a little uncomfortable in their presence…

That’s some deft folding, @TheCookie! Good job! :+1: Oh my, I didn’t know what I was getting into when I decided to make all those cranes…

1 Like

[quote=“MaladyNelson, post:37, topic:4224”]
I didn’t know what I was getting into when I decided to make all those cranes…
[/quote]Yah… that’s a lot.

1 Like

Graphiq voted it 2nd in - Best Classic Films of All Time.

2 Likes

I forgot the diagram, so I futzed around a bit and it totally worked! Thanks, @MaladyNelson, you’re a genius. :ramen:

4 Likes