Tel Aviv Grill hands down the best schwarma in LA

I like Dr. Sandwich just fine. The shawarma can be inconsistent, and I wish they offered more toppings, but it’s worth a try if you’re in the area. I usually get the chicken shawarma on laffa with hummus, zhoug, pickled onions, fries, carrots, and red and white cabbage. Sabich is also good. I usually avoid the lot and just park on the street.

As @trojans notes, the European Sausage Kitchen on the same block is worth a visit, too.

Extra points for writing without a heavy accent.

I just drove past it today. The location was previously a Scandinavian pizza joint called Cutters.

Thanks for the tip. Can’t wait to try.

Looks good. Havent been to TA yet but we very much enjoyed Itzik Hagadol during our last visit. Even though there werent any big Izaaks really (just a small Russian). Although their homemade Mititei (Romanian/Moldovan Kebabs) were large and very juicy. We can use a few places like this in NYC

Sweet mother of god these portions are outrageous.

Laffa sandwich definitely enough to split between two normal eaters.

This is after I ate half…

I used the last 3rd to make shawarma fries…

9 Likes

which locations ?

Tel Aviv has been my favorite place in LA for shawarma but their Falafel is even better. I’ve been going since they were in Glatt market

2 Likes

Always wanted to try this place wish it was closer to LA

Damn it is so hard to not order the shawarma. And dipping the fries in spicy hummus should be a food trend.

that’s why there is Ta-eem! Close, yummy and not in the Valley :wink:

2 Likes

So true I go there pretty much every week

1 Like

Ta-eeem is so gooooood! so bummed i don’t live/work over there anymore.

2 Likes

Before we moved last summer, my work used to be very close and we would go all the time. Now I can only get over there on a Sunday (when I have time and no other plans) :disappointed:

Where do you live now?

lol—I live in Ktown, so it’s not that far at all. But, they’re closed on Saturdays for Shabbat (which is when I’m out and about running errands and could pop in for lunch) and I’m usually pretty busy on Sundays. It was much easier to eat there when I worked by Melrose/Cahuenga.

Ta Eem i like… Best around these parts… went this week… Tel Aviv is better though but not enough for a drive

1 Like

Totally agreed. Had both the falafel and shawarma last night and enjoyed the falafel more.

Such a great place.

nu ones

ibn vally village.s

wat

burbaks blvd.

And

i can 't remembers.