Thanksgiving dinners to go on the Peninsula

I’ve never ordered a Thanksgiving meal before (been a guest for the last few years) and due to COVID and foot surgery a week before, I’m thinking about ordering from either Whole Foods or Safeway (assuming they will do it again this year). I will have one guest coming the day before (for a total of 3 of us) and I won’t ask her cook to the entire meal by herself, especially since I’m meeting her for the first time :slight_smile:

Can anyone recommend one or the other? Safeway is closest to my home, but if WF is a better option I’ll go for that as it isn’t really that far from me. We may have to cook a gluten-free side or two but I definitely want someone else to cook the bird.

Many thanks and early Happy Thanksgiving!

I had some solid catering at a funeral and was very surprised to learn that it had come from Whole Foods.

Hi Robert, thanks for your reply and apologies for the delay. As it turns out, my son’s GF really wants to cook the Tgiving dinner. She’ll do a turkey breast and not the whole bird, and we’re collaborating on the rest of the meal, but she’ll do most of the actual cooking. It will be a combination of her family traditions and mine.

Thanks again and early Happy Thanksgiving.