The $20 Dollar Eclair. La Peite Paris Downtown

LA Times just did a story on Le Petit Paris’s $20 Eclair. Has anyone been in this new beautiful restaurant yet? (photos from LA Times) http://www.lpparis.com

two word review: fuck that.

recommendation: go to Chaumont in BH and get 4 of their delicious but less overpriced eclairs instead (choc, mocha, vanilla, sometimes strawberry or raspberry cream, sometimes pistachio cream).

PS. Out of disbelief I went to the webpage and checked price and it wasn’t $20…was $22.

2 Likes

At least their Croque Monsieur is only $12

Where’s the gold foil?

2 Likes

The Parisian influence seems strong, sort of like prices at a “drugstore” on the Champs Elysees.

2 Likes

I hope they’ve since fixed the a/c cuz I wouldn’t wanna pay $20 for any dessert while sweating balls due to the stuffy “lobby” air.

Couldn’t get out of there fast enough just so my schlong would get unstuck from my thigh.

3 Likes

That’s what the gold foil is for.

Gold Bond, Gold Foil, whatevs…

Oh fuck. I cracked up so hard I almost spit out my dinner.

Two fried chicken legs from Krispy Krunvhy chicken.

Fish flautas.

Candied yams.

Mac n cheese.

Whitefish filet with beans.

And one of those sweet honey biscuits.

2 Likes

Hey wienermobile,

My thoughts? See JJ’s post, LOL. :stuck_out_tongue:

$22 for an eclair?! What, did they stuff it with Foie Gras or White Truffles?

I wonder if this is their attempt to out duel Scarpetta’s $24 Spaghetti (w/ tomato sauce) (the size of an appetizer)? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

To be fair:

I believe the eclair is proverbial cake size.

I think.

But then I could very fucking wrong as I uduslly am.

1 Like

Does the price include the health care surcharge?

Keep up the excellence

J_L_, you’re good. Shaq sends his love.

1 Like

This. The LA Times article says that, “The grand éclair just happens to be the size of your forearm.” Depending on how big your particular forearm is, the $22 doesn’t seem quite so insane, IMHO.

If it’s Shaq’s forearm, it works out to a very reasonable $0.37 per square foot.

1 Like

Who’s Shaq ???

Did he replace Sergio in the fucking kitchen ???

I was there last Saturday and my post is below. There were no a/c issues and the room is very pretty. It’s not yet quite as good as I expect it to become.

kudos for crediting, wien.

2 Likes