The American Style BBQ thread

Thanks for the tip!

PSA: :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Buddy did a brisket for the 4th. Fresh fatty brisket is amazing. Sorry, ate some before taking pics.

8 Likes

That looks so perfect! You have good friends. :slight_smile:

That is a mighty fine looking brisket.

What to do with leftover brisket…

5 Likes

This! Whenever we make a brisket we always order pho the next day and hold the meat so we can add our leftovers. It’s perfect.

2 Likes

After encouragement from @A5KOBE and @Ns1, I’ve moved into beef short rib territory. The only thing holding me back has been my family of pork rib lovers. For NYE, I picked up 4 racks of beef plate short ribs. Got them home and trimmed them of the fat cap and silver skin…

Put them on my BGE for about 5-6 hours at 250°…

I probably could have left them on longer, but they were amazing. Next time. My wife using the leftovers the next night for chili was genius.

10 Likes

Where did you end up sourcing the meat?

Beef Palace in HB. They have them frozen.

2 Likes

thanks for the info, would you happen to know the price?

Yeah. I went in with $180 and had to use their in-house ATM for the first time. Total for 12 ribs (4 racks) was about $230. Expensive? Yes. Worth it? Absolutely.

2 Likes

Do you know what the price per lb was? I’ve been looking for this type of cut and haven’t had much success in North OC.

Have you tried Gem Meats? I thought about checking there because my son’s mom lives right there, but I knew BP had them.

My cost was about $12/lb. at Beef Palace.

Good call I’ll try Gem next time.

I’ve been getting the short ribs on the bone in much smaller pieces from Whole Foods at $8.99/lb. When they go on sale at $5.99/lb I buy out the whole rack basically.

3 Likes

I think last time I was at Restaurant Depot it was something like $150 for 2 racks.

Speaking of which…

Restaurant Depot
1265 N Kraemer Blvd
Anaheim, CA 92806

1 Like
The Sale Thread

Don’t you have to own a restaurant?

hm good point…they also let in nonprofit organizations :slight_smile:

There’s also a Costco Business Center in Westminster - closer to you than HB at least.

That is some sexy que. #TeamBovine

What wood did you use?

1 Like

Cherry. I should add that I sprayed after the first few hours with a combination of apple cider vinegar, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, and worcestershire (4:4:1:1).

4 Likes