The Best of Yelp

The restaurant did not comp the dish. I’m reading that the flat iron never actually hit the table.

Three diners ordered three dinners and had to make do with two mains. I don’t think many of us would have been grateful that the server/mgr merely took the forgotten item off the final bill.

The MOD or server would not have been overreaching to offer a comp dessert, after dinner cocktail or invitation to a free dinner on next visit.

1 Like

Seems reasonable to me.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Is there something wrong with this?

I found it amusing: “the best Lebanese food I’ve ever had and I’m not even Lebanese” — how is that a selling point?

1 Like

Well, I’m not Italian (or anything else interesting) but I know good Italian food when I have it. But, yeah, I get what you’re saying.

Not quite yelp but.

3 Likes

Wow. Just . . . I mean . . . wow.
Wes handled that shit like a pro.

2 Likes

Tipping $35 on a $250 bill tells you something too.

4 Likes

I’d love to know what that person thinks is an average tip.

2 Likes

Fuckin A…

1 Like

verbose doesn’t even begin to describe that reviewer.

https://www.yelp.com/user_details?userid=M6ga-O0h8OUD_Pkv3isq6w

1 Like

I feel like I’m reading Everything is Illuminated — On Yelp.
Those words almost mean what you think they mean, my guy.

1 Like

1 paragraph, 8 sentences. 4 commas in the 7th sentence.

This is exactly the type of place there needs to be more of. Culinary Casual Plant Based Good Foods with modern comfortable digs. This spot could be like “the new quintessential American diner/cafe hybrid.” Breakfast and lunch done hearty and well. Customized brekkie burrito is the way to go for a strong standard but I tasted the Rancheros too and it was slappin’ There was for sure more yums to be explored, this is a good regular spot. With that said, I’d like a slightly large sando section, the impossible burger is a good but not as good as the beyond burger, and maybe like marinated melon ‘duck’ sando or basically some other options, cuz I and I think many others love a good hearty healthy sando. But this is definitely a place for multiple visits.

omg

Best way to do VR. There definitely needs to be more games, but it will come. And more is coming every week. The group experiences are suppa duppa fun, it’s amazing for kids and mind bogglingly immersive for adults. I was genuinely and existentially shaken by the High Wire walk. Basically you’ve got a thin vibration vest on with goggles and headphones, but while inside the VR world, you are standing on the edge of the of a skyscraper in New York, the view and the sky is beautiful; photo-real, birds fly by and 3D sound gives you an amazing spatial sensation, not to mention that gusts of wind vibrate your body which literally makes you brace yourself. You’ve got an entire safe room to walk around in but in the VR world you can step out off that building and onto to a high wire. The funny part of the game is that your brain is in total conflict, one part knows that this world is not real but the other part is literally screaming at you that it is (and the longer you stay there, the more convinced you get,) it convinces you by taking over some seemingly voluntary motor functions, in this world, you can walk on air, but half of your brain does not believe that at all. Instead of messing with the tightrope which is in its own way, a fun thing to do, but exploring the world is far immersive. Before I entered, the wonderful VR attendant told me to jump, she said “One of the best feelings in the game is walking to the edge of the building, and jumping clear off, even though there is no real risk, see if you can jump, not step out tepidly and feel the ground in front of you where you see air, actually fully jump into the air off the building, the feeling is unrivaled.” Now you can jump, and in reality, you are just taking a small leap across a carpet, but for a few distinct moments, you are actually in the air, flying, off the edge of a skyscraper with traffic and pedestrians walking 100 stories below you. Your brain truly believes this, if only for a moment. Once back in the Real Reality world or “RR” for short, reality is, now more than ever, up for a redefinition. Along with with everything itself.

2 Likes

Reads like neural network reviews.

Looks like this story has a happy ending

Still doesn’t excuse the idiot from being an asshole. I don’t think I’ve ever been mad at a restaurant for running out of a menu dish…if it’s popular, it’s going to run out if you’re not there at open. No big deal.

5 Likes

Here is a first!! After the review I posted an enlarged image of the photo from the review.

And, the “Garlic iKnots”

Manager should have said: “Yeah, special promotion this week. Free charging cable with each order over $10.”