The Drunk, Stoned, and Hungry thread

I feel the same way, and with the exception of a rare visit to In n’ Out, I haven’t had any fast food since this all started. I’m more OK with InO since they have pretty high sanitation standards and seem to be very careful about food handling…

My favorite InO burger is a Double-Double with extra toast, mustard-grilled patties (but no pickles, which you have to specify if you’re ordering mustard-grilled), and onions three ways: raw, grilled, and whole grilled.

1 Like

I crave these constantly!!

Minimum order for me is 6. In the app they’re still 2/99¢

I order them extra cheese extra taco sauce! Oh yeah!! Only thing I would love to add is some sour cream and a Lipitor!!

1 Like

Ever since @Ns1 originally posted about dipping them in ranch sauce, I’ve been doing that, but I think I’ll have to try sour cream next time! Not until this craziness is over, though. Do they charge you for extra cheese?

In the app, the 2/99¢ becomes 2/$1.19 — 10¢ each :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thousand Island is my favorite burger spread. I love Marie Callender’s Thousand Island (and their “Frisco Burger”).

6 Likes

Agreed, they are the only fast food place pre and current conditions where I have peace of mind. They always pay their staff well, plenty of people at every shift to handle crowds and you can just tell the staff cares. It’s amazing what happens if you actually value people.

One time, I was treating a huge group of pre-teens after a theater performance. The high school aged girl behind the register, got nervous when I warned her about the group and how I would pay after everyone gave their individual order. You could tell she visibly tensed up but buckled down and calmly kept everything in control, took orders, showed patience with the hopped up post performance kid, double checked everything and got it done… Two dozen people with varying combinations of orders all had it come out exactly right.

Not only that, she worked up the nerve to come over after we all got our orders and asked me if everything was ok. You could tell she was nervous and a little intimidated walking up, but she still did it, because she wanted to provide good customer service and follow through.

Just outstanding and I made sure she knew what a good job she did. This is why you value people and pay them well, your company will thrive.

5 Likes

Reminds me of a friend. We would go to lunch at McDonald’s. High school 72 . He would order a hamburger with no meat. Just the bun .

2 Likes

Y’all made me do this.

SRF wagyu hamburger taco salad.

Undercarriage

4 Likes

Starting to feel like college at

Casa De NS1

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Beware the small print! I had an impulsive need to try the Taco Bell $5 Grande Nacho Box I’ve been seeing advertised on TV for the past week or so. How bad could they screw up nachos? They didn’t!!! Pretty good IMHO.

BUT… I ordered the $5 nacho box, as in FIVE DOLLAR Nacho Box.BUT it turned out to be $5.99. REALLY??? I’m assuming there was a little asterisk on the screen in those ads (like ‘prices may vary by location’) which I’ve seen before, but how do you market it as a “$5 Nacho Box” if it isn’t $5 everywhere???

As my three year old granddaughter would say… “It’s a mystery!”.

2 Likes

Everything is more expensive here. Someone on another board said South LA area has the few locations that do the ad prices.

The nacho crunch double stacked Taco is advertised at $1 each and they are mostly $1.59.
The other thing to watch is if you use the Taco Bell app and customize things, the add-ons never match the price that they display. For example sour cream advertises at 50¢, but when you go to check out you’ll notice they actually charge you like 70¢. I complained once that 90¢ worth of add-ons came out to almost $2 more.

So you have to watch all that when you actually check out because it does not display the add-on pricing correctly.

And in fact with the latest update they don’t show you the price of each item with the total for that item after the addons are added, they now sneak it in to the subtotal. But the prices listed won’t add up to the subtotal.

See…

As displayed you’d think it should cost $3.18. Nope they didn’t show you how much you were charged for add-ones. In this case, sour cream.

It really seems like it should be illegal to not tell you a breakdown of prices, just a total. It’s misleading.

Not drunk or stoned…

Monster Thickburger with TWO extra 1/3 pound patties.

1-1/3 pound of colon clogging red meat!!

6 Likes

Just saw the ad again and froze the screen. It says “Contact local restaurant for prices” Sheesh!!! Caveat emptor it is. 20% difference is kinda nuts. Even at $5.99 these were well worth it but… fool me once…

1 Like

What bothers me is that now since they can’t figure out how to handle the addon pricing problem in the app, they’re hiding it.

I’m reporting them to the FTC (Federal Trade Commission not Food Talk Central. :joy: ) and State AG, not that it will do any good.

I’m not stoned. I just sometimes ACT like I am.

Anyone ever have problems with RE-shelled peanuts?

You know, you’re eating peanuts in the shell and have the bowl of discarded shells on your lap, and as you open a peanut, one of the nuts falls into the bowl, getting re-shelled.

Very difficult if you are eating peanuts and watching a movie in the dark.

*Sorry, just trying to lighten things up.

5 Likes

Somebody on this thread please talk to me about the McDonald’s spicy chicken nuggets.

They’re just slightly “spicy” which is to say they add a micron of cayenne and more black and white pepper.

In other words, not spicy. But I do like them better.

I have had them a few times already. The coating seems a tad crispier to me. They stayed somewhat crispy even after they cooled down completely.

Not a fan of the new hot dipping sauce. I’m just not a fan of sweet things like that. The “hot” mustard dip is my thing.

Some McDs have 6-pc for $2 no limit.

3 Likes

i did not need to know this… i did not need to know this…

someone should diy a nashville hot chicken nuggets

IMHO, the coating wouldn’t be good with the Nashville hot oil sauce on the outside…

But…

Maybe with a syringe :syringe: you could lightly inject some sauce INTO each McNugget…

Hmmm

2 Likes