The FTC47 (2019 Edition)

Great list! Thanks for the legwork!

I didn’t get a chance to contribute, so I can’t really argue, but McDonald’s and the Filet-o-Hashbrown should have made the list :blush:

6 Likes

Get over it.

10 Likes

You took my brand without permission and have presented your arbitrary personal selection as a group effort. No big deal, but don’t expect to escape criticism.

3 Likes

You.
Are.
Fucking.
Insufferable.

Adios, bitch.

3 Likes

Lol that is definitely an LA FTC thing!

I am also waiting for one of you gluttons to put Furaibo’s hanpen cheese inside a FoF.

and tried to make something fun and searchable out of it. Yeesh.

6 Likes

I would suggest everybody moves over to HO so that his brand won’t be damaged anymore in the future (and I guess Porthos was correct)

1 Like

Come on everyone, don’t be a grinch. It’s just food. :slight_smile:

Most of the places on the list I have not been to. Some (Bavel, Jon & Vinny’s), you could not pay me to return to, but I didn’t participate in the survey and I take the list, with bemusement, but interest, for what it was – some places that some other people really like.

6 Likes

Everyone, please stop. We’re our best friends.

8 Likes

Delete

This will probably backfire on me, but in the immortal words of Rodney King, “Can’t we all just get along?” @robert did a wonderful thing rescuing what chowhounds had been (it plays on gas station TV when I am pumping gas - I would never have guessed that frozen desserts used to be a luxury without the experts at chowhounds letting me know…). We have built up a great community here. @J_L is a valued contributor from whom I have learned much, and is, I hope, a personal friend. Please let’s all take a step back. We have built something here, thanks to @robert initially and all of us contributing, that is worth a lot. @frommtron and @honkman please reconsider. It really isn’t worth it. A few harsh words on the internet happen all the time. One of the banes of our time.

14 Likes

You.
Are.
Fucking.
Funny.
And right!

1 Like

I have know idea what that is but it sounds funny!

This guy never ceases to amaze me.

The “brand” is the contributors who drive the site and have donated money to help keep afloat. Without traffic you have nothing. Yet you continually attack your most valuable assets. Why didn’t you ask J_L what his criteria or reasoning was? It could’ve be an interesting dialogue. It’s like you’re the only one who doesn’t understand the nature of your own site. You treat it like a hunting ground.

And @honkman about HO. The regional boards are wide open, empty and could use some help. But I’m not sure the Onions would appreciate a bunch of Angelenos invading their space. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

God, I hate lists

2 Likes

How’s London? Any snow?

1 Like

I think they would be quite happy about more LA traffic on their regional boards (my Boston posts are also mainly on HO)

2 Likes

from 12/25

I empathize with @robert because I think we are both strictly fact-based, to a fault, perhaps.
I think the issue here is J_L’s naming the list “The FTC47” because it does not necessarily represent the views of FTC members.

2 Likes

Don’t worry y’all the problem will solve itself because with this response we won’t have a 2020 list.

4 Likes

I left HO because one of the mods was an unschooled “science babe” person and I got tired of being attacked for posting something that didn’t agree with its view. The other mods weren’t much help.

I don’t feel the need to post free content for them, much like CH.

2 Likes