The LA weekly 99

Let the “how is [insert restaurant] on the list and not [insert restaurant]” posts commence.

2 Likes

I’m refusing to click, LOL.

2 Likes

waiting for someone to paste a txt list.

It’s actually genuinely a good list for such a media publication, they seem to be pushing things a little more. For the most part not that horrible, and I think it has most people’s darlings on it.

I am happy to see Hatchet Hall in particular on it.

4 Likes

I agree that this list is solid. Nice geographical and high-end to low-end spread. I’m particularly pleased to see Hirozen on there since it gets very little shine and has quietly been doing its thing for awhile now. Also glad that Father’s Office, Tacos Leo, and Spicy BBQ were included.

I am surprised neither Zo nor Mori made the list.

2 Likes

Nice to see Langer’s, Ricky’s Fish Tacos, Bludso’s, Aqui es Texcoco, Saap Coffee Shop, Gjusta, Tacos Leo, Cassia, Wexler’s & Coni’s Seafood all on the list…

1 Like

They got me interested to go try Adana. I’ll take my pops for a lunch one day i think, he works around there.

Really glad to see el Huarache Azteka and Beijing Pie House on there, Burritos La Palma looks dooope.

Lucques getting some love too

It is incredibly dope.

Not a bad list. I would have made room for Charcoal. Probably Wally’s too.

Anyone go to the Essentials last year? Someone told me past years were bad but last year was good. I would consider going but I’m worried about spending hours in line for a few small bites.

1 Like

Just went to Luv2Eat Thai from this list lol. fairly legit! May take fam for dinner so i can try the really good stuff.

$9.25 for mango/sticky rice though (with weird cooked type, not fermented coconut cream)… that’s a bit nuts

1 Like

ADANA RESTAURANT

ALIMENTO

ANGELINI OSTERIA

ANIMAL

AOC

AQUI ES TEXCOCO

BACO MERCAT

BAROO

BEIJING PIE HOUSE

BELCAAMPO MEAT CO.

BELACAMPO MEAT CO.

BESTIA

BEVERLY SOON TOFU

BILL & HIROKO’S BURGERS

BLUDSO’S BBQ

BROKEN SPANISH

BURRITOS LA PALMA

BUTTON MASH

CACAO MEXICATESSEN

LA CASITA MEXICANA

CASSIA

CHENGDU TASTE

CHICEN ITZA

COLONIA PUBLICA

CONISEAFOOD

CONNIE & TED’S

CORAZON Y MIEL

CROSSROADS

DAI HO KITCHEN

DIN TAI FUNG

DUNE

EL HUARACHE AZTECA

ELITE RESTAURANT

FATHER’S OFFICE

GIRASOL

GJELINA

GJUSTA

GOLDEN DELI

GUELAGUETZA

GUERRILLA TACOS

GUISADOS

HATCHET HALL

HIROZEN GOURMET

HUGE TREE PASTRY

THE HUNGRY CAT

INK.

JITLADA THAI RESTAURANT

JON & VINNY’S

KANG HO-DONG BAEKJONG

KIRIKO SUSHI

KOGI BBQ TRUCK

LANGER’S DELICATESSEN-RESTAURANT

LE COMPTOIR

LITTLE SISTER

LUCQUES

LUKSHON

LUV2EAT THAI BISTRO

MAMA JOAN’S SOUL FOOD

MARISCOS EL MORENO

MARISCOS JALISCO

MAUDE

MB POST

MELISSE

MOZZA GROUP

MYUNG IN DUMPLINGS

N/NAKA

NIGHT + MARKET

NIGHT + MARKET SONG

PAPILLES

PARK’S BBQ

PETIT TROIS

PHILIP THE ORIGINAL

PINE & CRANE

POT

PROVIDENCE

RACION

REDBIRD

REPUBLIQUE

RICEBAR

RICKY’S FISH TACO

ROCIO’S MEXICAN KITCHEN

RUSTIC CANYON WINE BAR AND SEASONAL KITCHEN

SAPP COFFEE SHOP

SHUNJI JAPANESE RESTAURANT

SOTTO

SPAGO BEVERLY HILLS

SPICY BBQ

SQIRL

SUMMER ROLLS

SUSHI GEN

SZECHUAN IMPRESSION

TACOS LEO

TACOS LOS POBLANOS ESTILO TIJUANA

TEL AVIV GRILL

TERRINE

TORIGOYA

TROIS MEC

TSUJITA LA

UNION

WEXLER’S DELI

WOLVESMOUTH

8 Likes

Adana is tasters choice. I honestly didn’t think that the chicken kebab would be as good as it was, but it was so friggin’ good. I also got the sour cherry rice and loved it - especially mixed with the savory of the chicken kebab.

2 Likes

Yes, went last year with general admissions tickets, and lines weren’t bad overall. The initial line to get in was a bit long (the event was on an upper floor, so there were bottlenecks for the elevators), but once you got into the event most lines for food/drink were reasonable. As you might expect, the longest lines were at the most popular restaurants: Animal, Bestia, Maude, etc.

Definitely helped to divide and conquer and hope that the people doling out the food would like you take an extra for a friend (while said friend was doing the same in another line). And prioritize your choices. I missed out on Guerrilla Tacos and Petit Trois because they were extra popular and I didn’t line up for them early.

Thanks for doing the heavy lifting, boss.

2 Likes

boss = incorrect
correct = 老师

If you’re gonna go down that road, then know that ipse & I correspond in traditional Chinese, not simplified…

MORE correct = 老師

2 Likes

My wife called you an old school fool - j/k. She says you hold true to tradition. I scratched my head, asking, “what’s that box-on-box thing difference?” :confused:

MORE correct = 老師

Touché!

Fify: 老大,老闆.

1 Like