The Manufactory (Tartine Bianco, Alameda Supper Club, The Market) - ROW DTLA

Hardly shocking given the ghost-town vibe. I guess this means no Pizza Bianco?

I hope not. In the article it says Bianco is still planning on opening up thr pizzeria but that remains to be seen. I think Pizzeria Bianco would bring in consistent traffic.

No, Bianco will take over some or all of the space.

1 Like

if they survive, I think it will be due to a strong delivery program

Isn’t delivery a problem for all those Row places, since it’s a pedestrian mall?

Aside from the success of Hayato, will ROW ever take off?

ROW reminds me of that scene in Talented Mr. Ripley where Damon decorated Laws mansion with that mishmash of art and Hoffman is like what the hell is going on in here. Dickie would never decorate like this or whatever.

Besides Hayato.

1 Like

I love how bizarrely and delightfully random this observation is.

On-topic: I still have not been to ROW b/c I am lazy.

2 Likes

Rats. My cousin is coming to town and I was going to take her here because she has the book and has been baking like crazy using the recipes.

@attran99 I’ve been riding my bike over to Tartine Sycamore on my days off. Nice for a cup of coffee and pastry classics from Tartine. Also they have fresh bread and breakfast/lunch items. Lots of room to sit and hang out.

Plus last month I heard a cashier talking about a pizza place going in next door. He claimed he couldn’t disclose anymore information. Two and two says Bianco will be going in there.

And sightglass is opening on the other side of tartine.

2 Likes

I ride my bike there too! I’m really hoping this pizza rumor is true.

1 Like

If they put in residential and a supermarket maybe it could become a self contained community but depending purely on office rental is not a strong strategy when retail is dying and physical office space is becoming less relevant in the digital age.

4 Likes

Bianco said he still planned to open his pizzeria in L.A. but was uncertain if it would go into the Manufactory space or a different location within the Row.

“I can only say that I will have a Pizzeria Bianco in Los Angeles. That’s personal to me,” he said. “Is Chris Bianco leaving town? No way.”

Customers seemed confused by the unwieldy nature of the Manufactory, with its multiple and sometimes overlapping concepts that were hard to distinguish from one another, or turned off by its location inside the fortress-like Row.

Business 101, 101, 101.

1 Like

pretty much. I think ultimately every retail/restaurant is going to fail there unless it has immense support like Hayato. Surprising as the plaza is fairly excessible from the freeway and we’ve seen from Smorgasbord that it can handle tons of traffic without there really being issues.

3 Likes

They seemed to want to make it as difficult as possible for guests. Why don’t you want indoor seating to sell bread/pastries/coffee ect? Why when it’s raining to you refuse to let people sit indoors -when NO ONE is in the other space. There was a real lack of hospitality.

I love the space and want the businesses to be successful def agree with JLee above -residential and a supermarket would help I can see it being a desirable place to live. the way it is now though is going to be hard.

7 Likes

Chris Bianco says he will soldier on in Los Angeles after the failure of Tartine Bianco and ultimate failure of Tartine Manufactory. He has admitted defeat and now plans to give Los Angeles the one and only thing they wanted.

And all I have to say is this

2 Likes

not looking good for m georgina

1 Like

Judging by OpenTable, M. Georgina might be doing OK.