The most scathing restaurant reviews Tom Sietsema has ever written

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/going-out-guide/wp/2016/06/08/the-most-scathing-restaurant-reviews-tom-sietsema-has-ever-written/

1 Like

Oh my.

1 Like

Less a review than straight-up service journalism.

1 Like

Apparently I’ve hit my washington post free read limit (who knew?!) so here’s another link for folks to use.

And there is a fabulous Dennys mention. Truly!

2 Likes

pro tip: I read the Washington Post and NYT several times a day—I just clean out my browser cache/cookies/etc. when I’ve reached my “free article limit” and I then I can read more articles

2 Likes

Wow! Great tip. I subscribe to WaPo but no longer to NYT (too much info). With NYT I mostly miss recipes that I’ve saved but can no longer access. Thanks a mil.

2 Likes

Oooh - mighty helpful tip! Thank you!

2 Likes

I can often read normally inaccessible stuff on my Android phone because Google shows their sleazy “Amp” copy rather than the actual web site.

1 Like

You can also use “private browsing” to do this - though the SF Chronicle tends to lock up when I do it (possibly an issue on my end).

1 Like

I haven’t tried that yet, but that sounds like a great tip too! THX!!

1 Like

Can you walk this dinosaur through that please? TIA

1 Like

I could, but since I don’t know what browser you use it’s better for me to say check out this link, as it covers instructions for the majority of browsers:

And here’s more info on how it works (and doesn’t work):

I have to go to sleep now :slight_smile: But will reply tomorrow. Thanks, ED

1 Like

You’re welcome; hope it helps!